Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College (Harlan Campus) has an anticipated position for: Full time Maintenance Worker to provide general maintenace and upkeep of buildings and grounds.
Working Conditions: Normal maintenance/custodial environment with moderate noise(examples: lawn mowers, drills, vacuum cleaners, etc.). Moderate degree of hazard or danger associated with this job.
- Provides HVAC monitoring/maintenance, installs receptacles, switches, breakers, ballast; replaces light fixtures, power equipment repairs.
- Is responsible for water fountain installations, waterline repairs, valve repairs, drain line maintenance
- Performs dry walling, painting, door repair, installation of partitions, and installation of ceiling and floor tiles.
- Performs grounds maintenance such as; mowing, weed eating, planting, snow removal, parking lot repairs.
- Possesses special licensing for operation of some equipment.
- Performs general custodial duties.
Physical Demands: Primarily sitting using fingers, hands, and arms to reach. Occasional stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Must have the ability to effectively communicate using auditory and visual methods, ability to distinguish colors, and follow written and verbal instructions. Occasionally lift up to 100 pounds.
– High School/GED, and one year related experience, or equivalent
Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College (SKCTC) is a five-campus institution located along the Cumberland Valley of Southeastern Kentucky. SKCTC is one of 16 institutions in the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) and awards certificates, diplomas, and associates degrees in liberal arts and technical education.
Employee will be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of buildings and grounds to maintain a safe and clean environment for learning. Some duties include HVAC maintenance, water line repairs, dry walling, grounds maintenance, and general custodial duties.
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of: race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.
Kentucky Community and Technical College System - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard