Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, corrections, medical, and international and domestic work force development contracts. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for 30 years and employs nearly 10,000 workers. MTC is a rapidly growing, innovative and competitive company that is the leading operator of Job Corps centers in the United States.
Job Corps is a national residential training and employment program administered by the Department of Labor to address the multiple barriers to employment faced by disadvantaged youth throughout the United States. Job Corps program's mission is to assist young people become more responsible, employable and productive citizens.
MTC offers a competitive wage and comprehensive employee benefit package. For more infomation please visit www.mtctrains.com.
Reports to the Facility Maintenance Supervisor. Responsible for duties involving repairs and maintenance of structures, electrical systems, plumbing, washers, dryers, HVAC systems, incompliance with government and management directives.
1. Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing, ventilating, air conditioning, and drainage systems; recommend contracted assistance when on-center repair is not possible.
2. Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets, and fuses as directed.
3. Perform minor construction and repair of structural wood work.
4. Install window shades or coverings, security locks, etc.
5. Perform repair or replacement of plumbing, fixtures, washers, seals, etc.
6. Help prepare surfaces for finishing, i.e. painting as directed.
7. Direct students assigned to on-center work experience.
8. Perform routine and preventive maintenance checks of buildings and equipment.
9. Perform routine scheduled checks of air conditioning, heating systems, kitchen equipment, etc.
10. Supervise students assigned to center work support.
11. Assist in controlling use of equipment, facilities, and supplies.
12. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
13. Support and promote center zero tolerance policies.
14. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
15. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Technical training and two years related experience. Must demonstrate craft skills. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation - 2 years ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...