Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, corrections, medical, and international and domestic workforce development contracts. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for 30 years and employs nearly 10,000 workers. MTC is a rapidly-growing, innovative and competitive company and is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities.
Otero County Prison Facility, operated and managed by MTC, is committed to serve and protect the people of New Mexico and Texas. The facility provides a structured program intended to encourage and establish a foundation for detainee reintegration into society. The Otero County Prison Facility encourages employee success by offering opportunities for continuing education and promotions from within. The facility is highly involved in the community events thus allowing employees to participate in community events such as Special Olympics, Toys for Tots, Career Day, and Scared Straight programs. Otero County Prison Facility creates a positive and exciting environment for all employees.
Reports to the supervisor, maintenance. Responsible for duties involving general maintenance and repairs on equipment and buildings, assisting with technical trades such as plumbing, electrical, painting and carpentry in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC), Otero County, and the United States Marshals Service (USMS) directives.
1. Performs maintenance and repair of structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing, ventilating, and air conditioning and drainage systems. Recommended contacted assistance when on-sight repair is not possible.
2. Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets and fuses as directed.
3. Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
4. Install window shades or coverings, security locks, etc.
5. Perform repair or replacement of plumbing fixtures, washers, seals, etc.
6. Help prepare surfaces for finishing, i.e., painting, as directed.
7. Perform preventative maintenance checks of buildings and equipment.
8. Perform routinely scheduled checks of air conditioning systems.
9. Provide on-call support in emergency situations when equipment malfunctions.
10. Providing cleaning, transportation, moving of equipment as needed.
11. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
12. Maintain accountability of staff, students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
High school diploma or equivalent. You must also possess technical training and general knowledge of repair and/or maintenance. Three (3) years of related experience is also required. Employment requires that you possess a valid driver’s license in the State of New Mexico or the State of Texas with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
MTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please feel free to apply at www.mtctrains.com .
Management & Training Corporation - 16 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...