Join the nearly 10,000 employees who help tens of thousands of people each year learn new academic, technical, and social skills to become more employable and productive citizens. Management & Training Corporation's (MTC) innovative, forward-thinking attitude and culture have made us who we are today.
With a wealth of experience as a leader in the operation of Job Corps centers for the U.S. Department of Labor, MTC began operating correctional facilities for federal, state, and county agencies nearly 25 years ago. With a focus on rehabilitation through education, MTC is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities. MTC offers competitive compensation including comprehensive benefits.
MTC is currently seeking the following:
Responsible for general maintenance and repairs on equipment and buildings, assisting with technical trades such as plumbing, electrical, painting and carpentry in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction (ODRC) directives.
1. Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing, ventilating, air conditioning and drainage systems. Recommend contracted assistance when on-center repair is not possible.
2. Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets and fuses as directed.
3. Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
4. Install window shades or coverings, security locks, etc.
5. Perform repair or replacement of plumbing fixtures, washers, seals, etc.
6. Help prepare surfaces for finishing, including painting, as directed.
7. Direct inmates assigned to facility maintenance.
8. Perform preventive maintenance checks of buildings and equipment.
9. Perform routine schedules checks of air conditioning systems.
10. Perform on-call responsibilities in emergency situations or equipment breakdowns.
11. Provide cleaning, transportation, and moving of equipment as needed.
12. Promote the development of positive social skills among offenders through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
13. Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
High school diploma or equivalent, technical training and general knowledge of repair and maintenance plus three (3) years related experience preferred. Valid driver's license in the state of Ohio with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications must be completed by March 11, 2013 .
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...