Reports to the supervisor, maintenance. Responsible for duties involving general maintenance of facility ground and repairs of equipment and buildings, assisting with technical trades such as plumbing, electrical, painting and carpentry in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and the Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP) directives.
1. Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing, ventilating, air conditioning and drainage systems. Recommend contracted assistance when on-facility repair is not possible.
2. Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets and fuses as directed.
3. Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
4. Perform repair or replacement of plumbing fixtures, washers, seals, etc.
5. Help prepare surfaces for finishing, i.e., painting, as directed.
6. Direct inmates assigned to facility maintenance.
7. Perform specific security functions including 'pat' and 'strip' 'searches' of inmates, by squatting and bending to perform such functions.
8. Perform preventive maintenance checks of building and equipment.
9. Perform routine schedule checks of air conditioning systems.
10. Provide on-call support in emergency situations or equipment breakdowns.
11. Clean, transport, and move equipment as needed.
12. Promote the deveopment of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
13. Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Equal opportunity employer
Deadline Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 5 p.m.
High school diploma or equivalent, technical training and general knowledge of repair/maintenance, plus three years related experience required. United States citizenship required. Valid ddriver's license in the State of Texas with an acceptable driving record required.
Management & Training Corporation - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...