With a wealth of experience as a leader in the operation of Job Corps centers for the U.S. Department of Labor, Management & Training Corporation (MTC) began operating correctional facilities for federal, state, and county agencies for 30 years ago. With a focus on rehabilitation through education, MTC is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities. MTC offers competitive compensation including comprehensive benefits.
We are seeking a Maintenance Worker to join our team. Management & Training Corporation is excited to begin operations of the Wilkinson County Correctional Facility, located in Woodville, MS.
Reports to the maintenance manager. Responsible for general maintenance and repairs on equipment and buildings, assisting with technical trades such as plumbing, electrical, painting and carpentry in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) directives.
1. Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing, ventilating, air conditioning and drainage systems. Recommend contracted assistance when on-center repair is not possible.
2. Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets and fuses as directed.
3. Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
4. Install window shades or coverings, security locks, etc.
5. Perform repair or replacement of plumbing fixtures, washers, seals, etc.
6. Help prepare surfaces for finishing, including painting, as directed.
7. Direct inmates assigned to facility maintenance.
8. Perform preventive maintenance checks of buildings and equipment.
9. Perform routine schedules checks of air conditioning systems.
10. Perform on-call responsibilities in emergency situations or equipment breakdowns.
11. Provide cleaning, transportation, and moving of equipment as needed.
12. Promote the development of positive social skills among offenders through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
13. Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent, technical training and general knowledge of repair and maintenance plus three (3) years related experience preferred. Valid driver's license in the state of Mississippi or Louisiana with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
MTC is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic, vocational,...