Maintaining an attractive, safe and pleasing environment for residents is of the utmost importance in delivering service to the community. Under supervision, performs routine maintenance in the common areas. Maintaining a good relation with the residents is required.
(Includes the following: )
• Performs repairs, preventative maintenance and janitorial functions for the association that do not require special contractor licensing or permits, document for follow through with appropriate work order system
• Paint exterior and interior walls, structures, fencing, etc, as needed and document through appropriate work order process.
• Assist with monitoring and maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical, HVAC, lighting, audio, video, fitness and recreational systems as well as Clubhouse furnishings and components.
• Clean and sanitize showers and replenish supplies in restrooms or on assigned schedule.
• Sweep, vacuum, mop, and wax floors; vacuum and shampoo carpets as scheduled. Maintain documentation in appropriate log.
• Move and arrange furniture and equipment and setup rooms for meetings as needed.
• Maintain common areas including but not limited to sweeping decks, power washing walkways, removing cobwebs, cleaning deck furniture, emptying and cleaning ash trays, removing fallen yard debris, picking up garbage and disposing of garbage at appropriate disposal sight.
• Operate a variety of hand and powered tools which could include saws, drills, floor buffers, vacuums, carpet cleaners, power washers and other tools used in building and ground maintenance.
• Open or close the Clubhouse, following standard procedures and those outlined in the Facilities Checklists.
• Monitor janitorial staff, ensuring all areas are maintained in accordance with contractual obligations, janitorial closets are stocked, and trash emptied on the janitorial days off.
• Park maintenance, including trash disposal, pet cleanup, and other park maintenance functions
• Maintain updated park equipment and other inventories
• Clean restrooms per prescribed schedule and document in appropriate log.
• Ensure that supplies/tools are attended at all times.
• Store tools/cart out of site while on break.
• Pool and spa maintenance as directed, including daily temperature and chemical checks. Observe the performance of pool and spa contracted maintenance and order bulk chemicals, as required.
• Attend training, seminars, take advantage of opportunities to learn new skills and keep up to date on Merit processes and systems.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned.
An ability to follow oral and written directions, keep accurate records, fill out logs and journals, and perform administrative operational functions.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Applications, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook. Intermediate computer skills with the ability to learn Merit proprietary software.
Basic principals of plumbing, wood finishing, painting, electricity and carpentry.
Knowledge of methods, materials and equipment used in custodial work.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
One year of experience of janitorial or custodial work or work as a maintenance techinician
High School Diploma or GED.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate valid California State Driver’s License. Must have state mandated vehicle insurance.
Operation of an electric vehicle and scissor lift within the confines of Association property is required.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Must be able to drive to different Company locations if requested.
Some travel may be required.
Work is performed in a variety of environmental conditions, with exposure to outdoor temperatures, weather variations, traffic and equipment noise, equipment vibrations, vehicle and/or chemical fumes, chemicals such as cleaning solvents and grease, machinery and their moving parts and dust.
Work duties may require the ability to stand or walk on hard surfaces for frequent and prolonged periods of time.
The work environment characteristics are normal maintenance conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasional overtime may be required.
Based on business needs, may be required to work evenings and weekends.
Consistent and regular attendance required.
Some exposure to dust and noise.
Some heavy lifting, standing, climbing.
MERIT Property Management, Inc
- 2 years ago - save job