Now in its second century, Audubon is dedicated to protecting birds and other wildlife and the habitat that supports them. Audubon’s mission is engaging people in bird conservation on a hemispheric scale through science, policy, education and on-the-ground conservation action. By mobilizing and aligning its network of Chapters, Centers, State and Important Bird Area programs in the four major migratory flyways in the Americas, the organization will bring the full power of Audubon to bear on protecting common and threatened bird species and the critical habitat they need to survive. And as part of BirdLife International, Audubon will join people in over 100 in-country organizations all working to protect a network of Important Bird Areas around the world, leveraging the impact of actions they take at a local level. What defines Audubon’s unique value is a powerful grassroots network of nearly 500 local chapters, 23 state offices, 43 Audubon Centers, Important Bird Area Programs in 46 states, and 700 staff across the country. Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Aullwood’s Maintenance Worker maintains buildings, roads, trails, and grounds of Aullwood’s 200-acre sanctuary and farm with the assistance of staff and volunteers. The Maintenance Worker may work with contractors who have been awarded bids. The Maintenance Worker organizes and supervises work projects in an efficient, safe and productive fashion that involve Aullwood staff and volunteers. The Maintenance Worker conducts maintenance including: grounds and trail maintenance, building repair, painting, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, heating and cooling, parking lot, equipment/vehicle care and road maintenance and assists with farm management activities as needed.
- Responsible for building maintenance and ground and sanctuary maintenance (trails, mowing, snow removal, bridge maintenance, etc.).
- Maintains all buildings (including but not limited to the NatureCenter and FarmDiscoveryCenter) and their systems with the assistance of Maintenance Manager and Farm Manager. (This includes painting, plumbing, basic electrical and carpentry, general repair, waxing floors, etc.)
- Maintains and cleans vehicles and keeps maintenance records on vehicles. Completes Aullwood’s Preventive Maintenance Schedule in a timely fashion.
- Completes with assigned staff and volunteers Aullwood’s Capital Improvement and Maintenance Plan for all buildings, structures, etc.
- Organizes and supervises work projects to maximize the skills of staff and volunteers in a timely, productive and safe fashion.
- Assists as needed staff and volunteers in conducting land management practices such as removal of exotic species, mowing of fields, maintaining native planting landscape areas, baling of hay, farm animal chores, etc.
- Assist with special events on weekends or evenings as needed.
- Conducts all activities within Aullwood’s budget guidelines.
- Tempory position with flexible hours of up to 35/week.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school graduate with a minimum of two - four years experience in maintenance work.
- Ability to work independently and basic knowledge and experience in carpentry, plumbing, electrical procedures, general building and vehicle maintenance required.
- Must be able to work with and supervise others.
- Must be flexible, organized and a good communicator.
- Capacity to work easily and effectively with a wide range of people, be diplomatic and understand the dynamics of a complex organization.
- Must exhibit an interest and commitment to Aullwood’s mission.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- CPR certification a plus.
National Audubon Society is committed to conserving and restoring natural ecosystems, focusing on birds and other wildlife for the benefit...