Experience equivalent to two (2) years of custodial cleaning and building maintenance work as listed in the Examples of Work.
Individuals required to use County vehicles and equipment must have a valid Minnesota driver’s license and be free of any major traffic violations for the last three (3) years.
Nature of Work:
Under supervision of a Maintenance Supervisor, cleans County-owned buildings, fixtures and furnishings. Uses cleaning equipment, materials and solvent.
Examples of Work:
- Operates various equipment such as buffers, scrubbers, carpet extractors and other cleaning equipment
- Sweeps and mops floors, corridors, halls and stairways
- Cleans wash-bowls, fixtures, lavatories and drinking fountains; replenishes supplies
- Dust woodwork, chairs, tables, desks and other furniture; polishes furniture
- Vacuums carpets, spots cleans and shampoos as needed
- Washes windows, cleans Venetian blinds
- Empties wastebaskets and ashtrays
- Strips floor finish from floors using chemicals and scrubbing machine, applies floor finish
- Performs related work as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of building cleaning practices, supplies and equipment
- Knowledge of basic building maintenance practices
- Skill in the use of tools and materials commonly used in building, cleaning and maintenance activities
- Ability to deal tactfully with the general public
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written assignments
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
I n compliance w/ the Americans with Disabilities Act the following represents the Physical/Environmental Demands: This position requires a majority of time spent standing and walking as well as lifting. Weight of objects to be lifted, carried, pushed or pulled will range from ten (10) to fifty (50) pounds. Climbing of stairs and ladders is essential. Simultaneous use of both hands is required. Movements such as stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, twisting and bending are sometimes required. Other movements such as reaching and handling of materials are also required. Audio, visual and verbal functions are vital aspects of this position. The workday is spent indoors with exposure to dust, fumes, heights and noise.
Persons with disabilities: The above is a general listing of job duties. Essential and non-essential functions may vary by individual position. Reasonable accommodations may be available for both essential and non-essential job duties
Olmsted County, MN - 17 months ago