To oversee all maintenance, repair and upkeep of all buildings, tools and equipment. Responsible for providing preventative maintenance, including a safe and sanitary environment, to the plant and surrounding grounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be on call, as needed
- Assess maintenance and repair problems with follow-up
- Perform plumbing and electrical work and repair equipment when breakdowns occur to maintain production
- Learn set-up, operation, adjustments and operating parameters of production equipment
- Develop open communication with machine operators, department supervisors and managers
- Bring production equipment to a good operating standard and improve work order system and develop a return to service , i.e. production certification
- Formulate preliminary plan to facilitate implementing a preventative maintenance schedule for production equipment, which will minimize breakdowns and increase productivity
- Develop working relationship with outside vendors to become familiar with their activities and necessity and develop long-term goal to reduce our reliance on outside vendors and reduce costs
- Build spare parts stock for normal wear items
- Paint any necessary areas, as needed
- Develop alternating schedule for weekend emergency response, 2 people. IT room, refrigeration, alarms, etc
- Work on new installation projects including cost analysis and estimated time to complete. (i.e. ozone water installation)
- Develop a daily walk-through routine to spot possible problems
- Remedy any unsafe conditions ASAP.
- Safety must be first priority and repair aesthetic defects i.e. seals, hinges, hangers, etc. when production maintenance and breakdowns allow
- Reconfigure electrical and water drops to improve esthetics, efficiency and safety
- Develop a preventative maintenance plan for facility, i.e. dock plates, doors, seals, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be capable of obtaining a CDL
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. Interpersonal Skills - Keeps emotions under control. Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions. Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information. Ethics - Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values. Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures. Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Measures self against standard of excellence. Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly. Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. Adaptability - Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Dependability - Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed. Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
Pacific Seafood offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental and vision as well as a 401k plan with a discretionary company match. To find out more about our company visit our website at www.pacseafood.com . Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer.