POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Worker
POSITION STATUS: 35 Hours/Week, 52 Weeks/Year
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or equivalent. Experience in maintenance work preferred. Personal Hand Tools are requried. Valid New York State driver's license acceptable to Agency Insurance standards.
The Maintenance Worker performs a variety of maintenance duties relative to the buildings and grounds owned or occupied by Saratoga Bridges. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor.
1. Performs semi-skilled work in masonry, carpentry, electrical and painting operations.
2. Installs or assists in the installation and repair of wiring and electrical fixtures.
3. Participates in the trouble shooting relative to electrical, plumbing, heating, construction and mechanical problems.
4. Repairs window, doors, floors, walls and other parts of building.
5. Performs interior and exterior painting.
6. Participates in in-service training and safety programs as required.
7. Installs and assists in the installation of general plumbing and equipment such as sinks, toilets and baths.
8. Constructs jigs, cabinets, furniture and furnishings within the Agency as needed.
9. Assists in the cleaning, repairing and maintaining of boilers, pumps, heaters, pipeline valves and traps.
10. Performs installation and repair work on water systems.
11. Performs the mixing of plaster, concrete, laying brick, plastering walls and finishing concrete work.
12. Performs janitorial functions as needed.
13. Performs and assists in general maintenance and care of grounds.
14. Operates truck, van, automobile, air compressor and other motorized equipment.
15. Performs general handyman duties in a variety of semi-skilled areas.
16. Removes ice and snow from building roofs ascending the heights by climbing ladders to heights of one story or more.
17. Independently lifts equipment, supplies and building materials weighing fifty pounds or more.
18. Repairs roofs and ceilings with heights of one story or higher by climbing ladders and scaffolding.
19. Completes vehicle logs, time logs and invoices to be turned in as needed.
20. Performs all duties in safe manner by using appropriate safety equipment and following all safety procedures.
21. Performs all other duties as directed as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or Facilities Manager.
RegionalHelpWanted.com - 2 years ago