The Maintenance Worker will travel between St. Agnes and St. William of York parishes, which are in close proximity in the Catonsville area, to maintain their buildings and grounds.
- Performs and assigns(to volunteers) various janitorial tasks, such as, mopping, stripping and waxinig floors, cleaning carpets, sanitizing bathrooms, etc.
- Repairs and renovates buildings and grounds as needed (e.g. replaces electrical fixtures and switches, paints, constructs and maintains structures, etc.
- Installs, maintains and operates equipment as needed
- Performs groundsikeeping tasks, such as debris and snow removal, grass cutting, tree trimming, etc.
- Moves furniture, equipment and other items as needed
- Performs routine maintenance to keep equipment functioning well (keeps logs of time and materials used to repair or maintain equipment)
- High School diploma or GED required
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, bend and reach for extended periods of time
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in all types of weather conditions
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds independently
- Must be able to prioritize work duties and projects and respond appropriately to emergency situations
- Must have excellent communication skills and be comfortable interacting with staff, visitors, parishioners, volunteers, etc.
The Archdiocese of Baltimore - 23 months ago