Volunteers of America Texas is a faith based, non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals, families and communities reach their full spiritual, emotional and physical potential and wellbeing through a vast array of services that target the elderly, the intellectually disabled, those striving to overcome substance abuse, and those transitioning from correctional centers.
Pay Rate: $10 - $12 per hour
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for maintaining various facilities and keeping equipment in good repair and proper operating order following manufacturers standards and normal and customary maintenance industry standards.
- Assist in development and maintenance of systems for facility reporting of maintenance problems.
- Perform minor electrical, plumbing, structural, and equipment repairs.
- Build or modify interior walls or other structures.
- Install equipment as directed.
- Order and maintain a tool and repair part inventory.
- Conduct routine maintenance on the structure and its equipment.
- Complete periodic reports on the status of repairs and the general condition of the physical property.
- Recommend priorities for repairs and evaluate the level of expertise required for those repairs, including costs.
- Perform the approved maintenance procedure for each facility and assist in training facility staff in its accomplishment.
- Complete all forms, work orders and related paper work in a timely and professional manner.
- Work independently by driving unassisted to and from job assignment sites in a safe, professional and timely manner.
- Attend all staff meetings and training as required.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and professional conduct consistent with the mission of Volunteers of America Texas.
- Incumbent must practice safe working habits including but not limited to using lift belts to prevent back injuries, protective eye covers and gloves where appropriate to prevent personal injury.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus at least one year related experience
- Reasonable knowledge of minor electrical repair, minor heating and air conditioning, minor plumbing repair, and construction.
- A current, valid Texas Driver's License and good driving record are required.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Physical ability and skills to perform necessary repairs and maintenance.
- Must pass background check and drug screen.
- HVAC Certification
- Occasional availability after scheduled shift
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
Volunteers of America Texas - 9 months ago