The position involves performing ongoing maintenance of Wildwood’s buildings, grounds, and other facilities by: Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor.
• Cuts grass and trim weeds on organization's property.
• Digs flower beds and plants flowers.
• Cleans internal areas of buildings, including buffing, dusting,
sweeping, and mopping.
• Empties trash cans and consolidates trash for weekly pickup.
• Paints interior and exterior walls and trim.
• Operates lawn tractor with front-end loader.
• Repairs parking lot and sidewalks with asphalt, cold patching
materials, and concrete.
• Operates snow removal equipment to maintain parking lots and
• Maintains and repairs buildings' plumbing and electrical systems,
including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and
• Repairs or replaces building brick, stone, and concrete.
• Maintains and repairs wood parts of buildings.
• Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in
machines and equipment such as truck, street sweeper, and riding
• Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and
• Assists in inspecting buildings and facilities for repairs or
• Assists in fire inspections and other inspections as needed.
• Provides own vehicle for site work – van or truck; mileage
• Assists in preparing estimates for repair or improvements of
• Assists in the purchase of cleaning and maintenance supplies for the
• Provides own hand and small power tools as required to perform daily
• Maintains MSDS records.
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A valid New York State Driver’s License and ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required.
Wildwood Programs. - 18 months ago