The Maintenance Worker is responsible to monitor and maintain building equipment and structures.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited:
• Completes assigned work orders for general repair within assigned time frame in order to achieve the utmost operational efficiency of the hotel, its safety and its equipment.
• Performs systematic checks and inspections to aid in the upkeep of the hotel and assists in the established proactive maintenance program in order to prevent malfunctions, breakdowns and general depreciation.
• Immediately and courteously responds to guests needs in order to repair and/or resolve room maintenance requests and problems as they arise.
• Maintains tools, work spaces and equipment in safe, secure and good condition in order to reduce accidents and to prolong their use.
• Repairs and/or changes room locks for the security of hotel and guests.
• Adjusts and repairs electronic problems on hotel equipment, including televisions, alarm clocks, etc.
• Perform basic repairs and preventive maintenance on property, including plumbing and electrical systems.
• Repair/replace electrical switches, receptacles, fuses, small fixtures and outlets.
• Adjust thermostats to maintain desired temperatures.
• Hang pictures and cabinets.
• May do light painting and other work
• Assists department in maintaining safety equipment and emergency procedures for the safety of all guests and associates.
• Performs assignments as directed by the Chief or Assistant Chief Engineer.
• Completes AM / PM checklist(s) daily.
• Keeps specific inventory up to management standards as outlined in department procedures manual.
• This position requires a minimum formal education of some high school and a minimum one year job-related experience preferred.
• Clean, valid driver’s license required.
• Working knowledge of all maintenance trades including building systems, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, painting and carpentry.
• Experience with overseeing and communicating with contractors and gathering estimates.
• Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
• Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
• Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
• Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to push and/or pull 100+ pounds and lift up to 100 pounds with assistance. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
Basis hand (hammer, screwdriver, pliers) and power (electric drill, saw, solder) tools. Painting equipment, key cutting machine, groundskeeping equipment and snow removal equipment. Exposure to hazardous materials on a daily basis.
Indoor exposure to both stable and extreme variance of hot and cold temperatures. Outside exposure to all weather elements and extreme fluctuations of temperature.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. We require consent to pre-employment drug testing for all positions.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard