Headquartered in Louisville, KY and ranked among the top carriers in the U.S., Mercer Transportation has earned a reputation as one of the nation's leading owner operator companies. For over thirty years, Mercer has built a family of contractors on the foundation of honesty, professional freedom and experience.
Mercer is an irregular route carrier that operates an owner operator fleet of more than 2,000 trucks with no company-owned equipment. Primarily, Mercer is a truckload carrier of general commodities, offering flatbed, stepdeck and dry van services. Our logistics system operates with authority for the continental United States, Canada and interline contracts into Mexico.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer looking for a talented and qualified person to fulfill this Maintenance and Security position. We are a rapidly growing privately owned company with over 250 great employees. We are looking to add another great employee to our staff.
Primary Objective of Position:
Perform maintenance and security functions for the operation of all facilities and safety of employees.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Assist in morning mail pickup and distribution.
2. Assist warehouse as deemed necessary by facility manager.
3. Perform all routine maintenance and carpentry activities, including areas such as painting,
HVAC, and plumbing and insure all buildings and grounds are clean.
4. Monitor CCTV system and circulate around campus to insure entry by unauthorized persons
does not occur.
5. Monitor radio to insure that all requests for assistance are acknowledged and followed up to
6. Safely operate and maintain fluid levels in all vehicles and equipment.
7. Run cable for and troubleshoot telephone and computer systems.
8. Run errands as needed for employees, drivers, agents and/or other personnel.
9. Be knowledgeable of security procedures and lock/unlock various gates and buildings are required.
10. Performs all the duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established
company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
11. Fosters a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximum employee morale and
12. Perform other duties as deemed necessary by branch or corporate management.
City of Louisville, KY - 10 months ago
Mercer offers a wide range of human resources-related consulting, investment management, and outsourcing services for companies around the...