1. This position should be a person who has a significant knowledge of HVAC operations and repairs.
2. This person is usually capable of working alone and with minimal supervision
1. Performs HVAC operations and repairs (chillers, pumps, air handlers, cooling towers and controls).
2. Have universal refrigerant certification such as "Refrigeration Service Engineers Society" certification.
3. Monitor all equipment to ensure maximum operation.
4. Operate and monitor air compressors.
5. Perform preventative maintenance of building equipment.
6. Have both the knowledge and ability to work in "Confined Spaces" such as attics, roofs, and heights (using fall protection gear).
7. Correct unsafe conditions in offices and laboratories as assigned by building manager.
8. Track and keep inventory up to minimum levels.
9. Purchase supplies and parts for building equipment.
10. Find, contact, consult with, brind in under purchase order and direct the work of outside contractors.
11. Perform other duties as directed.
1. Must determine safest method of performing job.
2. Be on-call 24/7 for emergency situations with happen several times per week.
1. 2 Years of technical school, or on the job experience preferred.
2. High school education acceptable.
3. Specific exposure to an equipment or maintenance environment.
4. Knowledge of piping and plumbing - steam, oxygen, nitrogen, natural gas, hydrogen, compressed air, domestic and treated water.
5. Equipment systems experience a plus.
6. Must have effective oral and written communications effective listening skills, and ability to interact with others.
7. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
8. Professional oral and written interpersonal communication ideal.
MPW Industrial - 18 months ago
MPW is the leading service provider of integrated Industrial Cleaning, Facility Management, Water Purification and Container Management...