Orica is the world's largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, the global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunneling, and the leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction.
Orica also supplies general chemicals across a diverse range of markets, including agriculture, building and construction, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care, plastics, pulp and paper and water treatment industries.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Orica is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people from more than 130 nationalities and has operations in more than 50 countries and customers in more than 100.
At Orica, we're committed to developing tomorrow's technologies and solving today's challenges for our customers.
MINOVA USA Inc., A member of the Orica Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of chemical-based consumables, steel strata support systems, associated equipment and services for rock bolting and ground consolidation.The business provides both proprietary and custom-engineered applications based on 30 years’ experience of industry specialization. MINOVA has a total of eight steel and resin manufacturing sites throughout North America producing a range of trusted products.
To provide technical support to operators, plant, and equipment. To provide a quality service in the manufacturing of steel roof bolts and plates with a strong focus on ensuring high SH&E, quality and efficiency standards. The successful candidate will possess a strong mechanical aptitude, electrical maintenance skills and/ or certification,.SH&E
Commercial Ownership / Customer Solutions
- Ensure own work practices and environment comply with SH&E standards.
- Participate in SH&E monthly meetings as required.
- Promptly report all unsafe working conditions and incidents.
- Ensure plant and equipment is in good order by regular inspection and site audit.
- Create a positive SH&E culture by performing all tasks safely. Participate in safety programs.
- Understand and follow Lockout / Tagout and machine guarding program.
- Investigate cost effective solutions to plant and machine problems.
- Schedule repairs and PM’s with Operations to keep overtime and downtime to a minimum.
- Take personal ownership and ensure equipment produces a quality product.
- Budgetary compliance.
People / Quality
- Follow, Understand, Implement and Sustain 5S principles.
- Work with Management to develop and implement maintenance schedules for plant & equipment and ensure both are kept in proper condition through regular inspections.
- Ability & desire for higher level and technical learning both on the job and in the classroom setting.
- Ability to work overtime, rotating hours, Holidays, Weekends, and alternative shifts as required.
- Maintain attendance at a level above minimum standards of Employee Handbook, due to the critical nature of this position.
- Communicate fluidly between shifts to ensure optimal equipment availability and quality.
- Accepts coaching and criticism in regard to performance review discussion.
- Identify personal training needs and requests development.
- Participate in continuous improvement (Kiazen) and Error Proofing (Poka-Yoke) events.
- This position is to serve as example to the hourly workforce on site and to adhere to the day-to-day responsibilities of TPM, maximized utilization, and safe operation of equipment.
- This position requires a strong focus of performing work in an effective manner.
- Must be able to work independently and also in the Team environment.
- Must maintain both neat appearance and work behaviors.
- Must be task oriented.
Skills: Education / Experience
- Ability to maintain plant Preventative and Predictive Maintenance program, identify critical equipment and components.
- High School or GED equivalent minimum.
- 2 years in role as a Maintenance Technician with proven competency.
- Mechanical & electrical competencies and abilities.
- Strong SH&E standards.
- Ability to work on shift, weekends & overtime as needed
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Electrical aptitude.
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical drawings and blue prints.
- Demonstrated and repeated problem solving ability.
- Understanding of SH&E principles and management.
- Knowledge of SH&E procedures and the employee handbook.
- Company representative, ability to communicate effectively over the phone, face to face & in writing.
- Professional appearance and respectful demeanor during interactions with other employees, management, vendors, and service personnel.
Orica USA Inc. and Orica Canada Inc. are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Orica provides a rich, competitive benefits package for both full-time and part-time employees. Apply online to be considered for a new career today!
- Customer Focus.
- Team Commitment.
- Results/Efficiency Focus.
Orica USA - 7 months ago