Responsible for maintaining the general condition of the property with regards to all aspects of basic electrical, carpentry, plumbing, mechanical and painting work.
Complete maintenance request work orders from all departments on a timely basis.
Participate in the preventive maintenance program for all-building equipment and rooms.
Complete other special projects assigned periodically by the Chief Engineer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare and paint surfaces of building structures, furniture and equipment using proper application techniques, and various products.
Dry wall repair, mix paint colors and apply paint to all surfaces using the proper application method.
Climb ladders to reach heights about 30 feet.
- Install and repair covered wall and ceiling surfaces throughout the facility. Hang vinyl, paper and fabric wall coverings of various heights.
- Maintain and repair caulked, grouted and masonry surfaces throughout the facility.
Requires caulking, grouting and plastering.
- Guestrooms preventive maintenance program.
Paint rooms as needed on a scheduled basis including touch-up, wall repairs, caulking, and wallpaper repairs.
- Meeting rooms and public area up keep.
Paint as needed including touch-up, wall repairs and wallpaper repairs.
- Paint and repair back of house area as needed.
- Check work order assignment board daily and complete assignments on a timely fashion in order of priority.
- Considerable knowledge of paint, varnish, stain, enamels, lacquers, wall coverings and other related products as well as application and mixing procedures of such products.
- Visual ability to identify colors, patterns and sheen’s, measure lengths and quantities and assess areas for repair.
- Be able to sheetrock installs and repairs, tape, bed, and float surfaces to paint grade specifications.
- Control and order supplies.
- Fill out daily logbooks and update preventive maintenance schedules on a daily basis.
Experience should include a minimum of 3 years prior painting.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills.
Working knowledge of basic hand tools and other trade related equipment.
Knowledge of OSHA standard and application for working with chemicals and practicing OSHA safety standards on all applicable jobs.
Basic English language skills sufficient to fully comprehend job assignments, read and understand manufacturer’s instructions where related, and adhere to safety warnings.
Sunday through Thursday from 6am to 2:30pm. May be scheduled addtionally for vacation coverage. Must be available for weekends & holidays.
Destination Hotels & Resorts - 16 months ago