Posting Job Title |
Major Account Executive Hospitality
New York, NY, US
Area of Interest
Posting Job Description
As a technology leader in the telecommunications industry and one of the largest cable operators in the nation, Time Warner Cable Business Class has a uniquely strong marketplace position. We built our business on the single focus of being a best-in-class telecommunications service provider, and we are looking for best-in-class sales leaders to join us in our drive to success.
The Major Account Executive position is a senior consultative field sales position within our Business Class commercial sales team. Individuals in this position are responsible for voice, data and video sales within a defined sales territory, vertical or industry segment.
Essential Job Functions:
* Develops and implements sales plans for assigned portfolios, including clearly defined strategies that maximize revenue opportunities of new clients
* Responsible for the account management and upsell of "named accounts" as assigned
* Responsible for achieving a monthly revenue quota in data, phone and video sales
* Understands the communication needs of enterprise business clients and designs solutions to meet those complex business needs
* Conducts face-to-face consultative needs analysis interviews with prospective customers
* Prepares and presents professional sales proposals and presentations that align with client business goals and objectives
* Self-generates leads through industry networking, vertical trade shows and working defined "named account" lists
* Qualifies new leads and requests site surveys to determine serviceability of prospects, including submission of ROI analysis to sales management
* Maintains all sales databases necessary to report sales activity and customer information
* Works with the Account Management team to ensure timely handoff of most sold accounts for ongoing management and retention
* Works in conjunction with other business services support groups, including sales engineering, sales support and marketing personnel
* Attends all sales meetings and training sessions as required by management
* Seven to ten years of successful telecommunications sales experience required
* Demonstrated success as a top sales performer, consistently exceeding revenue quota
* Proven business to business sales experience with "C level" decision makers required
* Strong working knowledge of computer networking, LAN and WAN technologies, high-capacity and fiber connected networks required
* Excellent communication, presentation, closing and negotiation skills required
* The ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge, along with the ability to work in a team environment is required
* Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
* Internals must be in their role more than 12 months to be eligible to apply
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
Additional Educational Information (if any): Telecommunications industry experience required.
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
Controlling Establishment ID
00110 - NYC E 23rd
Time Warner Cable - 18 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...