IES is an $800M national provider of electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial and residential markets.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complex's to housing developments, our nearly 5,000 employees design, build and maintain the systems that empower lives.
Our commitment to our employees includes an industry leading benefit plan:
- Competitive pay
- Company paid time off
- Choice of medical plan options
- Dental and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short-term disability insurance
- Company sponsored apprentice programs
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Job Summary:
The Major Accounts Sales Rep is the sales function responsible for developing long term sales opportunities for the Company, specifically focused on high visibility companies planning to out-source telecommunications services. Project sales are a factor in accessing the client for future services opportunities. Time and material service contracts are the goal. Large fixed priced contract project activity with aggressive gross margins is an expected by-product.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop service contract and out-tasking opportunities by developing long lasting business relationships rather than responding to bid requests.
2. Concentrate on higher gross margin business, placement of personnel at client facilities and development of new services to meet client requirements instead of project business.
3. Discover and develop partnering relationships with national and regional outsource providers.
4. Coordinate available resources in providing industry-leading presentations to clients including pricing; write the executive summary for proposals.
5. Provide updates to management using Company supplied sales forecast and tracking programs.
6. Field concerns/complaints from clients and resolve problems or delegate to the appropriate staff member. Assist in the prompt collection of all past due accounts.
7. Attend sales meetings and training sessions in accordance with Company policy and procedure.
8. Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and lead others to create, develop, implement and review project process improvement(s).
• Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
• Must participate as a member of the Branch or Regional Operations Team.
• Must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
• Must have proven high skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
• Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
• Must possess the ability to learn and teach the Company and customer project management systems.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
• Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Must have at least five (5) plus years sales experience in the telecommunications industry in a similar role with a minimum of five (5) million dollars in bookings for a minimum five (5) year period.
• Must bring in at least five new leads/opportunities a week.
• Must be active in at least two industry associations, network groups or lead sharing programs.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project).
• Must be familiar with and able to effectively utilize a project based accounting software package.
• Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
• Must have demonstrated a verifiable ability to establish strategic partnerships, analyze and evaluate customer and staff needs and deliver profitable business to the Company to perform.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.