Founded in 1858, St. Bonaventure is a Catholic university dedicated to educational excellence in the Franciscan tradition. Located in western New York State, the residential campus is approximately 70 miles southeast of Buffalo on the New York/Pennsylvania border.
St. Bonaventure University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, staff, and student body, and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Reporting to the Vice President for University Advancement, develops programs and strategies to identify, cultivate, track and solicit significant gifts to fund identified campaign and/or institutional priorities.
Responsible for soliciting gifts of $25,000 and higher from alumni, parents and friends of St. Bonaventure University.
Manages a portfolio of approximately 150 prospective donors and will be expected to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward these very important alumnae and friends of the university. Works within the Five-Year Strategic Plan as set forth by the administration of the university.
Monitors all prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations, (i.e. Moves Management).
Recommends and assists with programming involving the president, vice president for university advancement, other vice presidents, and volunteer leaders. Work collaboratively with university development and advancement officers. Offer prospect strategy counsel to the vice president, development and advancement staff who are managing other prospects. Be a resource for development/advancement staff, from identifying potential volunteer connections to knowing about meeting and event spaces in key locations.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required plus a minimum of three years of progressive fundraising, sales, marketing or related experience. Highly creative, self-starter with demonstrated success in personal in building donor relationships, soliciting and closing gifts within the major gift range, preferably in a university setting. A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel locally and nationally for University business. Travel through the primary territory will be expected at least three times per year.
EXPECTATIONS: In this position, he/she would be expected to have or possess:
• Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle: Initiate contacts with potential leadership and major gift donors, Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them, including working with volunteers, move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure, maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic , disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors.
• Provide counsel to the vice president for advancement and the executive director of alumni relations on outreach programming in the Major Gift Officer’s primary territory.
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office software. (Specifically, Word, Excel and Outlook) as well as the ability to stay current with emerging office technologies.
• Meet both annual giving and major gift objectives for your assigned portfolio.
• Successfully cultivates and solicits prospects. Increase the pool of major gift prospects by identifying new alumni, corporation, foundation and individual prospects.
To learn more about the University please visit our website at www.sbu.edu Application review to begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com
InsideHigherEd.com - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard -