People For the American Way is a national organization dedicated to defending constitutional and civil rights and promoting democratic values of citizen participation, freedom of expression, freedom of religion and opportunity for all. It conducts research, legal and education work on behalf of First Amendment freedoms and democratic values: monitors, exposes and challenges the Religious Right movement and its political allies, identifies, trains and supports the next generation of progressive leaders.
The Major Gifts Associate plays a key role in assisting all aspects of outreach to major donors and endowment contributors by the President and other senior staff. This position is located in Washington DC and reports to the Major Gifts and Endowment Manager.
- Manage an in-house portfolio of $5K and under donors, including stewardship and gift solicitation.
- Responsible for maintenance of current donor files, assisting in scheduling donor meetings and preparing donor profiles and materials, including briefing the president & senior staff prior to meetings.
- Printing and mailing all monthly c3 and c4 major donor gift acknowledgments.
- Assist with prospecting major donors.
- Assist in coordination, personalization, and completion of all major donor mailings in a timely manner.
- Assist with planned giving program including all newsletter mailings, required follow-up, recording and maintaining response card data.
- Assist with all aspects of event coordination including invitations, RSVPs, and event logistics (including set up and break down).
- Update WinFunds data base with address changes and other corrections to member records.
- Assist with development intern program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two years’ experience working in development/major donor activities
- Knowledge and familiarity of working in all aspects of major donor fundraising.
- Comfort with making cold calls, taking initiative and direct solicitation of gifts.
- Strong writing and editing abilities, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Well organized, attention to detail, ability to manage competing priorities and multiple deadlines.
- Computer proficiency; must have database and spreadsheet experience.
- Interest in liberal causes and public interest commitment.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- College degree required
People For the American Way - 4 months ago