The Major Gifts Communications Manager, under the direction of the Senior Area Director, Major Gifts, is accountable for writing donor proposals, researching and writing donor reports, and producing communications for major donors. The Manager will work closely with the Senior Area Director, Major Gifts, to cultivate and steward Foundation relationships and will also manage some Foundation relationships on his/her own. The Manager will also be responsible for managing content and updates on the Arthritis Foundation’s intranet page.
- Create strategy for development of major donor communication materials, monitoring, updating and adjusting strategy as appropriate. This includes collaborating with key stakeholders and identifying material needs to support major gift cultivation efforts;
- Write and edit professional donor materials. Materials may range from case statements to specific donor proposals, generic donor fund proposals, and donor reports. Must be able to multi-task and create a structure to manage multiple requests for communications support;
- Work directly on foundation proposals which includes creating concepts for donor proposals, grant submission, and creating grant strategies with Foundation Mission staff;
- Understand grant management in order to track, steward, and report on grants;
- Maintain related databases, records, and files;
- Keep projects on track and complete key program tasks in a timely manner. This requires a deep understanding of foundation relationships, including grant cycles and application processes.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of experience in fundraising and/or donor communications;
- Must be familiar and experienced in relationship-based fundraising;
- Proven track record on soliciting major gifts through written communications;
- Experience in grant management, including proposal development, grant tracking, and grant reporting;
- Ability to strategize, write, and edit donor materials;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and handle sensitive and confidential material in a responsible manner;
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate, thorough, and have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to relate effectively with staff at all levels and stakeholders with differing goals;
- Ability to work effectively and collegially, both within the department and on National Office cross-departmental teams;
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate and thorough;
- Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirement to: email@example.com . Please reference “MG Communications Manager” in subject line. EOE