Organization: Minnesota Zoo Foundation
Location: Apple Valley, Minnesota, United States
Job or Internship: Job
The Minnesota Zoo Foundation seeks a qualified professional to secure major gifts from individual donors, maintain a portfolio of gift prospects, and develop programs and strategies to identify, cultivate, track and solicit current donors, prospects, Zoo members, and planned gift prospects for significant gifts to support the annual fund and capital projects. S/he is a member of the Individual Fund-Raising Team, reports to the Foundation’s Executive Director, and works closely with the Zoo Director/CEO, select Board trustees, and members of the Board’s Trustee Gifts Committee.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Develop strategies for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of 150 to 200 leadership and major gift prospects
• Cultivate gift prospects through 100-120 documented contacts per month through visits, mail, phone, email, etc. Track moves by updating contact records in the donor database and prepare weekly and monthly activity reports
• Recommend suitable giving vehicles for each gift prospect, when appropriate, after evaluating various opportunities; and help formulate proposal strategies
• Conduct a minimum of 120 face to face visits per year that lead to 20-25 major gift solicitations of $25,000 or more
• Help identify prospects for a portfolio of highly-rated individual gift prospects
• Work with the Executive Director to train and educate the Board on the cultivation, solicitation, and recognition of major gift donors
• Engage members of the Trustee Gifts Committee and Capital Projects Task Force on the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of assigned gift prospects
• Manage and administer the Zoo’s planned giving program
• Solicit support from gift prospects for the Zoo’s major annual fund-raising event: Beastly Ball
• Develop, implement and evaluate stewardship programs for donors
• Engage in the day-to-day operations of the individual fund-raising team and by working together, ensure progress towards individual goals and objectives; accurate pledge records; accurate and timely reports and gift acknowledgements; the coordination of communication with and solicitation of current and past members; and the development of annual fund and capital projects materials such as brochures, solicitation letters, and pledging vehicles
• Work with Zoo staff to identify opportunities for program and project support, and develop plans to solicit major gifts in support of these programs and projects
• Contribute to the overall strategic direction of the organization in order to successfully achieve the Zoo’s mission
EXPERIENCE AND QUALITICATIONS
Requirements include a Bachelor’s degree plus ten years nonprofit fundraising experience, particularly in the areas of major and principal gifts. A demonstrated ability to work effectively with staff, leadership, trustees and volunteers in cultivating and soliciting gifts is required.
The qualified candidate must possess personal experience in cultivating, stewarding and soliciting major gifts from a variety of donors and prospects and in the creation and implementation of successful gift strategies and tactics. The ideal candidate will also bring direct marketing experience and will have the ability to think strategically.
The successful candidate will be results-oriented with strong analytical, organizational and communication skills, and will be able to manage multiple priorities. He/she must be a creative and energetic individual who functions well within a fast-paced, team environment, which includes cross-department coordination, and the ability to respond to changing programmatic opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references. They will not be contacted without your permission.
Director of Finance and Administration
Minnesota Zoo Foundation
Association of Zoos and Aquariums - 13 months ago