New York Public Radio (NYPR) seeks an intern to be part of a 24 member Development and Membership department that is tasked with raising over $29 million from individuals and foundations.
Intern will be support the Major Gifts program, which cultivates and solicits donors with potential to give annual gifts of at least $25,000.
- Participate in completing brief profiles of prospects attending events
- Participate in completing full profiles of donors and prospects in advance of one on one meetings
- Research other organization’s top donors to identify donors for with potential to upgrade and their interests
- Assit with monitoring online publications and alerting staff to relevant news about major donors
- Partner with patron, major gift, and event teams to create a mechanism to track and analyze event attendance and follow-up.
- Participate in fundraising by writing personal outreach letters, including solicitations, program updates and other donor-relations correspondence, which incorporates donors’ and prospects’ interests.
- Collaborate on the development of engagement strategies, including documenting donor interests in the fundraising database and monitoring New York Public Radio programming activities to identify opportunities for connection.
- Collaborate with Patron Program staff to ensure smooth operations of the individual giving team.
- Assist in the preparation and facilitation of donor special events.
- Assist with gift processing and donor acknowledgement letters.
- Assisting with filing and administrative tasks as necessary.
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned.
- Expected time commitment: 3 days a week for 7 hours each day. Schedule is flexible.
- Must be highly energetic with keen interest in building donor relationships and understanding the fundamentals of fundraising for a public radio station.
- A passion for public media is essential.
- To perform this volunteer position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
New York Public Radio is New York's premier public radio franchise, comprising WNYC, WQXR, The Jerome L. Greene Performance Space, and New...