AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. In 2013, AbbVie will employ approximately 21,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
UPMC Health Plan
Gateway Health Plan
Geisinger Health Plan
BC of Northeast PA
Coventry HealthAmerica of Pa
Caresite Specialty Pharmacy
PRIMARY FUNCTION / PRIMARY GOALS / OBJECTIVES:
Managed Care Account Executives manage targeted accounts through account and sales strategies that may include but are not limited to the following:
1. Responsible for entire PPD product portfolio
2. Establish all PPD products on customer formularies, or on contract in an advantageous and/or parity position or establish support from customer regional representatives to national formulary committees for national contracts/formulary access by selling product benefits.
3. Manage pull through sales and management of all customer accounts.
4. Establish and develop high-level business relationships with executive management and key decision-makers at customer accounts.
5. Enhance the image of PPD as a pharmaceutical industry leader in the development and supply of high quality and cost- effective products.
6. Develop pull through programs for Abbott products sold through customer accounts. Coordinate pull through activities with franchise counterparts e.g. Primary Care, Cardiovascular Specialty Sales, AIS Rheum, AIS Derm, AIS GI, AIS ISM’s, Renal, Virology etc.
7. Effectively builds business partnerships with sales management from all Abbott Sales Organizations.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system by:
ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
- Within assigned accounts and geography, seeks out information and articulates implications to our business and to our customers’ business.
- Acts as a trusted advisor for customers; informs their perspective and influences their point of view/standards/expectations.
- Shares information relative to local business opportunities /issues with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Transfers knowledge and integrates best practices that have tangible value to clients and stakeholders across franchises/brands to benefit the assigned geography.
- Establishes and maintains a complete understanding of client tools, product and disease state knowledge for impactful use with customers
- Consistently partners/collaborates with in-house and/or cross-franchise leaders (DMs, Account Managers, Marketing, etc.) to identify, design and/or adapt approaches and tactics leveraging resources within geography.
- Uses multiple data resources and tools to identify sales opportunities and contracting strategy for customers in assigned geography.
- Collaborates with multiple channels (e.g., Group Practice, Trade, Employer, other franchise partners) to execute CBSA strategies and tactics that maximize sales results.
- Educates and advises Franchise Regional Managers on opportunities unique to the geography; partner on implementation and representative education/pull through.
- Actively seeks opportunities to participate in organizations in local markets; Leverages opportunities to understand customer needs and partner with customers. Builds strong partnerships that provide market intelligence and support development of innovative programs and initiatives.
- Builds and maintains relationships across accounts that result in opportunities to benefit PPD partners within the geography.
- Develops a strong command of available resources and tools; fully leverages those resources to support selling strategies and maximize impact. Takes an innovative approach when planning and applying resources and tools.
- Establishes and demonstrates thorough understanding of contracting negotiating fundamentals. Delivers effective client contract/financial presentations.
On average, a Managed Care Account Executive’s geography covers 2.5mm Lives (approx.), or 3-5 states. The Acct Executive has a broad range of responsibilities including recommending how contracts are written, discounts or rebates determined and prices offered to key accounts within Divisional and Corporate guidelines. They are also responsible for coordinating and collaborating with a variety of internal business partners e.g. IMHC partners within sales, marketing and clinical outcomes as well as all other franchise partners to maximize sales and margin through a variety of account management, contracting, formulary access and pull through strategies. Acct Executives are responsible for establishing key business relationships internally as well as externally and enhancing the image of PPD as a pharmaceutical industry leader in the development and supply of high quality and cost-effective products. Account Executives report into an IMHC Regional Manager and manages an indirect budget. Performance will be evaluated based upon the indices which most reflect their business priorities e.g. sales quota, business process goals, formulary access
Bachelor's degree required to drive business strategies and plans within assigned accounts; MBA preferred.
Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. CFR 210/211, cGMP) specifically,
3+ years sales management (District Manager) strongly preferred
Account management or marketing experience in a healthcare or related business; managed care, government channel experience is preferred.
Proven track record of managing multiple stakeholders within a geography/territory.
Strong business acumen; analytical ability to analyze diverse sets of data using multiple tools and define account/contracting strategies that drive business objectives.
Must demonstrate an understanding of how to maintain product pricing structure and market share through forward-thinking, innovative strategies that align with Abbott and customer objectives.
Effecitvely demonstrate leadership skills; ability to lead without direct authority. Has experience with successfully leading diverse teams on complex projects or challenges to achieve results.
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
AbbVie - 8 months ago