To plan, coordinate, and conduct research for a variety of special projects and to perform highly responsible technical assistance and analysis for upper level management in the Municipal Services Department.
- Plan, research, develop, implement and evaluate programs, plans, projects and other promotional and educational activities associated with the various divisions of the department.
- Evaluate each division’s needs and assist in formulating plans and goals to meet needs.
- Study departmental management procedures and policies using and Industry Best Practices to analyze efficiency of operations and effectiveness of service delivery; prepare a variety of written and oral presentations including recommendations of improvements.
- Coordinate and facilitate group decision-making sessions, such as proposal selection and organization and policy changes, using a deliberate decision-making process that is based on organizational behavior and quantitative analysis methods.
- Monitor and evaluate division expenditures, revenue, and rate structures; responsible for preparing and implementing division and department budget.
- Evaluate and ensure the adherence to safe work practices and procedures; review policies, laws, regulations and ordinances concerning division operations.
- Respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner.
Experience & Education:
Experience: 3 - 5 years of responsible experience in administration and management associated with public works, utilities or governmental operations preferred.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in engineering, business administration, public administration, education, or a related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Monday - Friday
Background check, pre-employment physical required.