Location: Juneau Community Charter School
This is a full time one-year position for the 2013/14 school year only.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Superintendent in coordination with the Academic Policy Committee (APC), the Management Assistant independently provides a full range of highly responsible confidential administrative support at the charter school and acts as a coordinator between the APC and others for administrative matters. The Management Assistant plans, directs and coordinates the work of assigned clerical personnel and coordinates the work of teachers and classroom specialists. The Management Assistant also provides general support to teachers, students and families of JCCS.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other people.
- Apply knowledge of District organization, operations, policies and objectives.
- Apply knowledge of applicable sections of State Education Code and other applicable laws.
- Work under the direction of a parent committee.
- Analyze situations accurately and take prompt, effective action.
- Work with parent volunteers to achieve educational goals.
- Represent the school at administrative meetings.
- Assist and help children in and outside of the classroom setting.
- Organize, plan, and direct workflow and procedures for recordkeeping, filing, and other office systems.
- Set priorities and coordinate the work activities of teachers, specialists and children.
- Comprehend written material; and interpret and apply rules and instructions.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Work independently and make decisions based on a substantial body of knowledge of principles, concepts and practices applicable to education administration.
- Work productively with diverse populations.
- Prepare reports by conducting research, and analyzing and organizing data from a variety of sources.
- Possess requisite technical skills to fully utilize a personal computer and related software.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Prepare a budget and maintain spending within its parameters.
- Execute, evaluate, and implement sound safety practices for all employees, parents, and children.
- Supervisory techniques.
- Office management, supervision, and training principles and techniques.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Interpersonal skills utilizing tact, patience and courtesy.
- Professional writing, communication, and organization skills.
Education and/or Experience: Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities. A typical way to obtain these would be:
Compensation: This is a full-time 10-month position working 37.5 hours/week with an annual salary of $60,515 plus the District's excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), and paid sick and vacation days.
- Graduation from a nationally accredited university with a degree in the area of education and/or business administration, or closely-related field.
- A minimum of two years prior administrative experience.
- Experience in school administration as well as in facilitation of collaboration amongst teachers.
- Experience with constructivist teaching methods.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with diverse population.
Selected hire will be fingerprinted at applicant's expense and fingerprints forwarded to the Alaska State Troopers and the FBI for a records check.
visit our website at www.juneauschools.org/hr and complete an electronic application.
k12jobspot.com - 15 months ago