POSITION Management Development Program Associate, USA Business
REPORTS TO USA Business Management
What’s the matter, it’s graduation time and you’re not ready to sign up for your cubicle at the multi-national conglomerate/bank/high-fructose corn syrup manufacturing operation? How about an opportunity to be a leader in the cycling/outdoor industry instead? If you built the skills required during school and have the passion and drive it will take to keep up on the lunch ride, consider the Management Development Program (MDP) within the USA Business at Specialized.
As the first step towards a management career in the cycling/outdoor sports industry, participants in MDP will develop a broad range of leadership and analytical skills through on the job learning and targeted training. MDP isn’t easy. MDP is an intensive 18-24 month program that will provide you with real experience in at least 3 functional areas that may include: Field Sales, Inside Sales, Credit, Demand Planning, and Marketing. But that’s not all, when it comes time to ‘graduate’ from MDP, you’ll present to Specialized management on what you have learned and where Specialized has the biggest opportunities to improve.
We’re vested in your success. As part of the program you will be paired with two mentors: one that is an experienced manager at Specialized, and another that is a peer mentor with a similar level of experience.
Think you have what it takes? Tell us about it! Pull together a 1 min. (approximately) video on why you are Specialized and submit the link in your application materials below.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Great organizational and analytical skills with demonstrated thought leadership
- Well established professional conduct and demeanor
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3.5 GPA, preferably a Master’s degree in a business related field
- Geographic mobility
- Drive and determination to win
- Proven ability to get results
- Love for collaborating in a team environment
- Passion for cycling
- Bike shop experience is a plus
- And finally, the desire to build a career with Specialized!
Specialized Bicycle Components didn't set out to make a museum piece, but the company's original Stumpjumper (the first...