This is an excellent opportunity for those who have an interest in using their problem-solving abilities to improve hospital operations. This internship provides support to HCA's Management Engineering Council with a focus on defining problems, collecting and measuring data, conducting analysis, recommending improvement items, and developing control plans. This position will provide exposure to knowledge management and organizing content of management engineering tools, education material, reports, and project summaries.
This summer internship is paid on an hourly basis with no relocation or housing provided.
Works on a wide variety of projects in support of the Management Engineering function. Assists with defining problems, collecting and measuring data, conducting analysis, recommending improvement items, and developing control plans. Assists with applying a variety of Lean and Six Sigma tools including value stream mapping, A3's, histograms, variance analysis, failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA), root cause failure analysis (RCFA), project charters, and control plan dashboards.
- Richmond, VA
- Austin, TX
- Denver, CO
- Las Vegas, NV
- Kansas City, KS
- San Antonio, TX
- Charleston, SC
- Nashville, TN
- St. Petersburg/Tampa, FL
- Tallahassee, FL
- Oklahoma City, OK
- Current Juniors and Seniors enrolled in a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering degree program (or related program) or students pursuing an MBA, MHA or MEM degrees (between their first and second year) with a Bachelors in Engineering
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills (experience with Excel is a plus)
- Good “systems” thinker and organizational skills
- Knowledge of relevant computer software for creation of spreadsheets and presentations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer and keyboarding skills