Troubleshooting and maintaining Management Information Systems in a Windows and Mac environment.
Maintain Management Information Systems (MIS) not covered by the ACES contract in a Windows and Mac environment.
Provide MIS user support of desktop hardware, load, update and troubleshoot desktop and server software.
Design and implement information technology security plans and requirements.
Design, operate and maintain Management Information Systems (MIS).
Assist in the creation and maintenance of documentation of the local MIS environment, operate and maintain network and servers in both a virtual and physical environment, and perform system backup and recovery including testing.
Provide administrative and technical MIS support as required under minimal supervision.
Education and Experience:
- Advanced knowledge of desktop hardware and Windows 7 software in an enterprise environment is a must.
- Solid knowledge of Windows and Mac desktop operating systems.
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008 and VMWare virtualization.
- Knowledge of Federal Government IT Security as well as applications and technologies such as vulnerability scanning software, Windows 2012 Server, Windows and Mac scripting, patching and inventory management software, Active Directory, MS Office Suite, MS SharePoint, antivirus and encryption software is encouraged.
- Individual must have strong organization, work planning, task management, documentation and written/oral communication skills.
- Have ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines. Adaptable to change.
- Strong team focus, customer service, work ethic and excellent people skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Knowledge of ACES operations and policies in order to assist ACES end users in needs not covered by the ACES contract.
- Candidate must be capable of quickly acquiring knowledge to work effectively at GSFC.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Individual must meet government NAC and citizenship/work permit requirements for access to NASA GSFC. Extensive background investigation will be performed as a requirement of the job.
ASRC Federal Holding Company and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers
- Bachelor’s degree and seven years of experience or eight years in lieu of education.
United States-MD, United States-Greenbelt, MD, United States
Day Job / 1st Shift
ASRC Research and Technology Solutions - 10 months ago