Reports to the manager, management information systems. Responsible for providing support and maintenance on center hardware and software systems in compliance with Department of Labor (DOL) and Management & Training Corporation (MTC) directives.
1. Perform hardware maintenance to include component repair on all center personal computers, monitors and printers.
2. Respond to staff concerns and difficulties by performing software support and maintenance on center personal computers.
3. Install and set up new equipment, including hardware and software.
4. Inventory, monitor and report all computer hardware to the supervisor, management information systems and property department, inventory, monitor store and order parts for computer hardware maintenance.
5. Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
6. Perform software audit to ensure laws and regulations governing software are complied with by all computer users.
7. Perform staff computer training as needed for personal computer software and hardware.
8. Monitor and maintain records of all repairs of office equipment completed off- center
9. Answer helpdesk phones and log all calls in tracking system.
10. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
11. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
12. Support and promote center zero tolerance policies.
13. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
14. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED), and two years related experience. Must have in-depth working knowledge of current computer hardware and software. Must be able to lift and carry 60 pounds. Experience working with youth, excellent written and verbal communication and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation - 16 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...