The Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Management Specialist to lead the Business Standards Unit (BSU) under the agencys Project Management Office (PMO). Interested candidates must be highly motivated and have a proven record of successfully managing a diverse workforce in a fast pace work environment. Reporting to the division director, the management specialist job responsibilities include:
This position is located in Conyers, Georgia.
- Manage and lead a work unit of 6-10 professional staff members who are responsible for defining and implementing business processes, defining user requirements to meet new or emerging user needs and other activities necessary to carry out the DDS mission.
- Develop and mentor subordinate staff members for successful performance.
- Plan and allocate BSU resources to effectively staff and accomplish the work to meet the BSU work units productivity and quality goals.
- Manage and lead diverse project teams in the successful delivery of process improvement and/or Information Technology (IT) projects.
- In collaboration with Line of Business owners, plan, evaluate, improve and implement business processes and procedures to enhance customer service, quality, and efficiency.
- In collaboration with Line of Business owners, author and develop business requirements documentation for IT or automated systems and or business processes. Consult with vendors and/or DDS staff to insure that functionality of automated systems is consistent with adherence to laws, regulations and best practice standards by users.
- Author and develop other project deliverables such as project schedules, charter document, User Acceptance Test (UAT) plans, training plans and cases, and training documentation.
- Collect, compile and analyze data to identify problems, measure performance and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Develop business justification cases, Return on Investment and Total Cost of Ownership artifacts.
- Research and analyze system/user problems by applying a variety of analytical and research techniques. Recommend suitable solutions.
- Assist with testing, training and installation of computer programs and systems to ensure solutions meet approved business and functional requirements.
Demonstrated competencies needed to successfully perform this job include:
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple staff members assigned to complex projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of methodologies used in defining project goals, requirements, and specifications.
- Possession and application of skills in oral/written communication, problem solving and decision making.
- Highly developed competencies in customer service skills.
- Highly developed competencies in analytical skills.
- Ability to determine map out business processes and translate into defined requirements.
- Experience in developing business process and standard operating procedures.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Project, Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint) and SharePoint.