Account Leadership and Strategic Planning:
- Collaborates with the AD to lead the overall strategic planning for the account.
- Collaborates with the AD to lead the development of the client/agency contract, retained scope of work, and overall communications program.
- Leads the development, writing, and presentation of incremental project proposals, scopes of work, and staffing plans (for projects beyond the contracted retainer).
- Leads the development of integrated solutions that leverage agency offerings and are mutually beneficial for the client and the agency.
- Has a thorough understanding of and actively participates in the brand planning process as it relates to the overall account and project planning.
- Has a thorough understanding of and actively participates in the media planning and buying process as it relates to strategic account planning.
- Leads the junior team on strategy development, presentation, and implementation of individual projects.
- Reviews, evaluates, and critiques creative ideas/output, to ensure that work meets brand and project strategies/objectives, client demands, and agency quality standards.
- Reviews project budgets and schedules and guides junior team members in managing to them.
- Has a thorough understanding of print and broadcast production processes and oversees junior team members on the overall direction of print and broadcast projects.
- Provides day-to-day financial oversight for the account.
- Oversees account staffing, budgets, time reports, and other operational procedures with an eye on overall account profitability.
- Secures funding for incremental projects, reviews monthly account score cards, and works to grow overall account profitability.
- Has (or can quickly develop) an advanced understanding of business category trends/developments, and uses this knowledge to add strategic value to the overall account and to individual projects.
- Has (or can quickly develop) an advanced understanding of competitors’ businesses, advertising, use of media, etc., and uses this knowledge to articulate competitive implications and subsequent recommendations for the client.
- Has an advanced understanding of advertising and media industry trends/developments, and uses this knowledge to present business building ideas for the client and agency.
Performance Competencies (Core Skills, Behaviors, and Values):
- Problem solving and innovation
- Strong work ethic, reliability, and trustworthiness
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Emotional intelligence
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Active listening
- Ability to build and maintain positive, productive working relationships
- Leadership and management
- Independent thinking and decision making
- Professional poise, presence, and confidence
- Persuasion and negotiation
- Maintains an advanced understanding of the client's product/service, market, and competition.
- Maintains an advanced understanding of agency departments/capabilities and applicable agency processes/systems.
- Maintains an advanced understanding of the overall communications process (i.e. strategy development, media planning/buying, creative process, production, etc.)
- Maintains an advanced understanding of individual project budgets and financials.
- Understands the overall account P&L.
- Understands the overall agency P&L and operating model.
- 7 -10 years previous work experience, with at least 6 years in an agency setting.
- Pharma or Healthcare experience prefferred, but will consider experience in an otherwise regulated industry (ie finance, tech, etc)
- Significant management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work experience.
Hill Holliday - 17 months ago