Do you want to perform challenging work in a collegial environment, while enjoying quality of life and a competitive compensation package? Invest in your career at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)!
The SEC's mission is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. The agency seeks high-caliber professionals who share the same values of integrity, fairness, accountability, resourcefulness, teamwork, and commitment to excellence.
The SEC offers a number of enhanced pay and benefits plus the standard Federal benefits:
- The SEC also has a Student Loan Repayment program for permanent employees. Up to $10,000 a year (60K cap) in student loan repayments for those who meet program criteria.
- Paid dentail insurance and vision insurance.
- Increased agency subsidy for health insurance which supplements your health benefits premiums by $25 for self-only coverage, and $50 for family coverage.
- Mass transportations subsidy up to $245 per month.
- Telework Opportunities
- Domestic Partner Health Insurance Reimbursement Program
This position is in the Office of Human Resources, Business Management Unit located in Washington, DC.
SK-11: $67,772 - $113,061
SK-12: $81,225 - $135,513
To find out more, go to http://www.sec.gov/jobs.shtml .
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- Develops and serve as the central point of contact for providing guidance on administrative policies and procedures.
- Manages administrative requirements for property, equipment, information technology systems access, and supplies.
- Manages administrative aspects of space planning, management, and logistics including initiating and coordinating office assignments and/or moves.
- Coordinates all personnel related activities which includes initiating personnel actions, preparing vacancy announcement packages, monitoring staffing levels, and maintaining the organizational structure. Serves as liaison with staff in HR in order to resolve personnel related issues.
- Works with staff members to establish standard operating procedures for various functions and activities.
- Provides advice, assistance, and recommendations on improving operational workflow.
- Manages data repositories and record keeping systems for storage, tracking, internal control, and retrieval of information and materials.
- Prepares and/or updates reports, correspondence and other documents.
- Provides technical support for the internal management control program by monitoring and tracking performance to ensure implementation of program requirements and efficient use of resources.
- Assists with conducting compliance evaluations of programs to ensure legal and regulatory requirements are met and develop action plans to improve deficiencies if any are identified.
- Provides support on a broad range of special projects and/or assignments.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors. Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications .
SK-11: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/SK-09 level in the Federal service or comparable pay band system. Specialized experience is defined as supporting operational activities in the areas of logistical planning and implementation, tracking progress on deliverables for assigned organizations, maintaining official and/or highly sensitive records, determining the material resource needs of an organization, and providing guidance on administrative policies and procedures.
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; or LL.M.
A combination of specialized experience and education.
SK-12: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/SK-11 in the Federal service or comparable pay band system. In addition to the SK-11 level described above, specialized experience is defined as analyzing administrative processes to improve efficiencies in workflow, supporting special projects and/or assignments which directly impacts achieving operational performance goals and objectives. This must also include identifying efficiencies and recommending ways to enhance performance; developing and maintaining data tracking systems, developing and recommending revised standard operating procedures based on assessments and thorough analysis, and conducting all source data reviews to assess program performance to support continuous improvement efforts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Your resume will be evaluated on the listed KSAs in the occupational questionnaire for this announcement.
- Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with peers as well as with senior officials, supervisors, and representatives internal and external to the organization.
- Knowledge of standard administrative practices and procedures.
- Analytical Skills
1. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in your not being considered for this position.
2. Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must have registered for the selective service. For more information, visit http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/selectiveservicerequirements.asp#icc .
3. Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
4. This position has promotion potential to the SK- TAG: Promotion Potential.
5. PROBATIONARY PERIOD: This appointment may require completion of a one-year probationary period.
6. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
7. PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses are not authorized.
8. DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
9. This position is not bargaining unit.
Information for Veterans: You may be eligible to receive preference in appointment. For more information please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx .
Surplus or Displaced Federal Employees: For information on how to apply through the Interagency Career Transition Assistance program (ICTAP) see http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap . To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must meet the Well Qualified criteria of the rating scale for this position.
Schedule A Candidates : For information, please e-mail: DisabilityEmploymentProgram@SEC.gov
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING: Candidates who meet the basic qualification requirements for this vacancy will be rated according to the Category Rating Procedures. This means that candidates will be assigned to a pre-defined quality category based on their application and veteran preference. Generally, only candidates in the top quality category will be referred to the hiring manager.
Individuals with veteran's preference will be placed ahead of other applicants within the rating category to which they are assigned. Preference-eligible veterans who have at least 10 percent compensable service-connected disability, and who have met the basic qualification requirements, will be placed ahead of other applicants in the highest category.
There will be three quality categories: Highly Qualified, Well Qualified and Qualified .
The Federal Government offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp .
The SEC provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, send an email to DisabilityAccommodation@SEC.gov or call 202-551-4158. To request sign language interpreting services for interviews, send an email to SECInterpreter@sec.gov at least 5 business days before the date you will need this service.
TTY/ASCII users should use the toll free Federal Relay Service number: 1-800-877-8339 and provide the SEC number of the office or individual you are calling. For more information about using the Federal Relay Service see: http://fts.gsa.gov/frs/tollfree.htm .
usajobs.gov - 18 months ago
Department of Veterans Affairs
Department of Veterans Affairs
- 1 day ago
E3 Federal Solutions, LLC
E3 Federal Solutions, LLC
- 1 day ago
- 5 days ago