This position is located in the Work Management Center (WMC), Office of Facilities Management and Reliability (OFMR), Office of Facilities Engineering and Operations (OFEO), Smithsonian Institution. The incumbent interfaces with Smithsonian facilities Mmanagers, service providers, service requestors, and other OFEO division personnel to ensure CMMS data operations are executed correctly, to provide information contained with the database, and to inform system users on correct methods and procedures in using the database information.
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Pass Pre-employment Background Investigation
- May need to complete a Probationary Period
- Maintain a Bank Account for Direct Deposit/Electronic Transfer
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with Selective Service.
- Acts as a Data Analysis and Reporting Specialist to all Smithsonian staff that access and utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Serves as an in-house technical expert and principal contact on the CMMS assigned areas.
- Develops guidelines and procedures to capture facility information necessary to make critical facility decisions.
- Provides support to service providers for handheld technology that will place the data gathering requirements at the point of service.
- Prepares documentation to report work, labor, and material statistics, all types of current and historic equipment maintenance and repair activity, and detailed statistical analysis of database information for use in production control, budget office, contract work or managerial reports.
- Prepares statistics and analysis of all database records for the unit's performed work, and supports data for satisfactory and/or non-satisfactory application of the CMMS standards.
Experience: One year of full-time experience at the GS-07 level that is close or similar to the work of this job. The experience includes activities such as providing support for a computerized maintenance management system which includes analyzing and performing fact-finding techniques to analyze organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Or Education: Two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's or equivalent degree related to the position or a LL.B. or J.D., if related, may be substituted to meet the experience requirements.
Or a Combination: Education and experience may be combined to meet the basic qualifications. For a full explanation of this option please see the Qualification Standards . Special Instructions for Foreign Education: If you are qualifying by education and/or you have education completed in a foreign college/university described above, it is your responsibility to provide transcripts and/or proof of U.S. accreditation for foreign study. For instructions on where to fax these documents, see the "Required Documents" section of this announcement.
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job opportunity announcement closing date.
For information on qualification requirements, see Qualification Standards Handbook for General Schedule Positions viewable on the web at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
Applicants who meet or exceed minimum qualifications will be assigned to one of three category groups based on job-related criteria: Best Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and excels in most of the job related competencies above. Better Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and satisfies most of the job related competencies above. Good Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements, but does not satisfy most of the job related competencies above to a substantive degree. This category rating process does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three", but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Category) provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in that category unless the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 3317(b) or 3318(b) are satisfied. Preference eligibles who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. Applicants who have not submitted a resume in the USAjobs system and/or have not answered all of the vacancy questions will not be considered for this position. Important Note: Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the occupational questionnaire or other assessment tool for consistency. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Your resume should provide sufficient information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate provider work flow processes for cradle-to-grave facility services work processes and make recommendations to ensure the best possible facility management support to the customer.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative analytical techniques such as data mining, work measurement, productivity charting, and calculation of means, modes and standard deviations.
- Knowledge of facility management, equipment maintenance emergency and routine repair procedures and CMMS techniques and practices.
- Skill in oral communication to provide technical guidance.
- Skill in written communication to draft correspondence, prepare reports and complete other administrative documents.
To preview questions please click here .
The Smithsonian offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, vacation and sick leave, holidays, health/life insurance, accident insurance, and excellent retirement program options. Please see Benefits at www.sihr.si.edu for a complete description.
Flexible Spending Accounts - http://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp Leave - http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp Long Term Care Insurance - http://www.ltcfeds.com Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp