Manager, Account Development-13001103
Manage a portfolio of Commercial Card accounts to achieve retention, growth, and profitability goals. Accounts may use one or more American Express products including but not limited to Corporate Card, Purchasing Card, and other B2B payment solutions.
- Synthesize and utilize internal and external information and tools to proactively consult with clients to build their trust and fuel their success.
- Develop strategies and create robust account plans to achieve client goals and maintain loyalty.
- Develop and deliver compelling relationship reviews that will reinforce, quantify, and sell the value of the American Express partnership.
- Work with key internal business partners to successfully manage the portfolio, and sales counterparts to cross-sell additional products and services.
- Understand and analyze portfolio key drivers and identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure that client service quality and contractual obligations are met, and respond to client issues rapidly and effectively ensuring delivery of prompt and expert service.
A highly motivated individual capable of driving success within a designated portfolio of accounts. Prior relationship management and/or sales experience, ideally in a B2B, Purchasing, Commercial Card or Banking environment. Knowledge of Amex Global Corporate Payments product lines and other Amex products, services and infrastructure a plus.
Work location is virtual office, but the position must be located in or near Dallas, Texas.
- Highly personable and develops deep, lasting relationships quickly.
- Proven success in past positions.
- Tenacious and results-oriented with the ability to manage multiple client relationships and deliver meaningful client-focused account plans.
- Able to influence without authority, changing the way that clients think and do business.
- A strategic thinker with ability to establish relationships with cross-functional teams both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated success in developing, leading and executing portfolio growth strategies, presentations and negotiations.
- Works well in a team environment. Proficient financial, analytical and technology skills.
- Displays leadership ability and skills.
- Creates innovative solutions.
- Possesses strong problem-solving, decision-making, and organizational skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Dallas
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...