The Manager of Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting is responsible for the Company's internal and external financial reporting and corporate accounting. The responsibilities for this position include coordinating financial reporting requirements from the operating divisions, planning, preparing and reviewing audit packages, researching and implementing new accounting treatments and special projects.
Key Performance Elements:
- Assist in the timely and accurate reporting of consolidated financial statements which include balance sheet variance analysis, divisional profit analysis and comparisons to current and previous forecast/plans
- Responsible for earnings release schedules which include analysis of operating results and key balance sheet items
- Responsible for semi-annual actuarial valuations which includes Medical and Dental, Workers Compensation and General Liability and Short-Term Disability
- Assist in the annual corporate planning process
- Responsible for annual benefit plan audits of our Retirement Plan, Employee Savings Plan and Retirement Savings Plan
- Preparing Board of Directors materials
- Preparing Form 10-Qs, Form 10-Ks and annual reports
- Interest rate swap and interest rate cap analysis, Medical and Dental analysis and numerous other monthly reconciliations and analyses
- Implement and research new accounting pronouncements
Bachelors degree in Accounting
Big 4 experience is required
Experience in SEC reporting, Oracle and Hyperion is a plus
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong analytical and quantitative skills, and strong attention to detail
Ability to handle competing priorities, commitment to tight deadlines
5+ years of accounting experience with an emphasis in financial reporting.
Neiman Marcus - 2 years ago
For over a century, The Neiman Marcus Group has stayed focused on serving the unique needs of the luxury market. Today, that commitment is...