Coordinates the preparation of Annual Financial Statements and routine reports for management and external agencies, including information to the budget office to support the biennial preparation of the Legislative Budget Request.
Reviews accounting records from the general and subsidiary ledgers, cash receipts and disbursements, journal entries, payroll, and related accounts in the course of reconciling the university's books to external documents.
Reconciles state-funded expenditures between the university's accounting system, the State Comptroller's office and the Legislative Budget Board.
Supervises the daily activities of professional accounting staff including setting priorities, scheduling training, and participating in performance evaluations.
Preparation of State Financial Reporting requirements including reconciling the amounts to the State Comptroller's accounting system, USAS.
Responsible for Bonds and Capital Assets reconciliations. Verifies the accuracy of financial data between the university and the State of Texas accounting systems.
Serves as liaison and coordinates communication between the University accounting system and the State Comptroller Uniform Statewide Accounting system (USAS) in order to ensure efficient financial accounting between both entities.
Also provides technical advice on accounting issues and system capabilities and limitations to users.
Manages the process to prepare the state appropriations reconciliation and monitors appropriation balances with respect to the General Appropriation Act to ensure that adequate funds exist to process university payrolls and vendor payments.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Accounting from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills. Advanced user of Microsoft Office software, Excel.
- Working knowledge of other Microsoft Office software products such as Word, Power Point and Access.
- Experience in general ledger databases such as Banner and knowledge of Texas' statewide accounting system, USAS is a plus.
- Requires five (5) years of related experience, preferably at Texas institution of higher education. Requires broad knowledge of complex systems and procedures.
NPO.net - 17 months ago