Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career. Orchard recently became a publicly traded, independent company.
We are in the process of building a world class Accounting and Finance organization to assist in strengthening our competitive position and driving long term growth. We are seeking accounting and finance professionals that are energetic, driven and inquisitive and who are looking for continued career growth. The ideal candidates enjoy being a contributor to a team and a business partner with various areas of the organization.
Accounts Payable Manager
Orchard Supply Hardware is looking for an Accounts Payable Manager that will manager our high volume accounts payable function and be an integral part of the Controller’s management team. The position’s key responsibility is to ensure that vendors are paid in accordance with company policy and within the context of adequate internal controls. Additionally, they will be responsible for the hiring, training and managing of the Accounts Payable staff. The incumbent will enjoy working in a high-volume, fast paced environment while delivering high service levels to both our internal and external customers.
o Develop and implement tracking metrics that measure department success as well as identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Manage the processing of 400,000 invoices annually ensuring compliance with internal company controls.
- Ensure that vendors are paid timely and accurately; design and manage reporting to monitor risk areas.
o Document and implement policies and procedures as required by the business.
o Participates and leads development projects that relate to the reliability and enhancement of A/P processing.
o Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Drive process efficiencies through system implementation and use of purchasing cards, electronic T & E work flow and OCR imaging solutions.
- Work with the Accounting Staff to ensure financial records of the company are properly maintained.
o Hire, train, and develop new personnel as required to support the growth of the business.
- Provide direction and leadership to the AP Team in a timely fashion, including the delegation of workload to AP team leads and overall performance management of the team.
o Insures proper adherence of government rules and regulations as it relates to A/P processes.
- Act as key liaison between Accounts Payable, Accounting, Finance and Merchandising functions of the Company.
- Maintain updated SOX controls and procedures.
- Develop and manage to an operating budget.
Desired Abilities and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4-5 years direct management experience of a high volume accounts payable function. Experience in an inventory environment is a plus.
- Knowledge about financial processes, accounting principles, budgeting
- Proven ability to work with minimal direction, as well as be resourceful and independent in solving problems.
- Passion for data manipulation and uncanny ability to see beyond the numbers
- Demonstrated proficiency using Excel. Experience with Lawson, workflow, and OCR imaging is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage effectively in a changing environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment as a business partner
- Hunger for learning and growth
- High Energy
Orchard Supply Hardware - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard