About The Port Authority
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is a bi-state public agency operating some of the busiest and most important transportation links in the New York / New Jersey region including The Port Authority Trans Hudson Corporation (PATH), the primary transit link between Manhattan and New Jersey communities and suburban commuter railroads.
The Aviation Department manages/operates five airports (John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), LaGuardia Airport (LGA), Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), Teterboro (TEB), and Stewart International Airport (SWF). The Department's mission is to develop, provide, promote, maintain and enhance a unified system of safe and secure regional airport facilities, providing the region with unsurpassed global access and restoring the region to its preeminent status as the nation's gateway for passengers and cargo, and to do so with sensitivity for the community and the environment.
We are seeking a Manager, Aeronautical Technical Services to join the Aviation Department. This position is located in the Department's main office in New York City.
Reporting to the Manager, Aviation Technical Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and improving the operational efficiency and safety of Port Authority's airports (JFK, LGA, EWR, TEB, SWF). The day-to-day responsibilities include: supervising and providing direction and guidance to a team of technical staff; analyzing chemicals and materials used for airfield operations; assessing impact of obstructions on airport efficiency; analysis of delay reduction benefits for various aeronautical changes through utilization of various airport modeling techniques; preparation of Modifications to Airport Standards as necessary for various airport/industry actions that contribute towards improving operational efficiency; supervising and managing consultant analyses of airport operations; assessment of aeronautical data; interpretation and analysis of new and revised FAA Regulations/Advisory Circulars and their impact on Port Authority Airports; providing guidance and advice on airfield signing and lighting requirements; providing FAR Part 139 compliance assistance to airports and managing the procurement of various chemicals/materials and services necessary for airport operations and FAA regulatory compliance; working with other Port Authority staff addressing new equipment requirements and training facilities; working with airlines, General Aviation operators and other airport tenants to reduce delays and improve airport operations and safety; managing ongoing analysis, installation and maintenance of the Engineered Material Arresting systems; managing the procurement and operation of ground management programs; and working with FAA, airlines and other PA departments to ensure compliant and efficient capital programs including reducing construction impacts. Responsibilities also include development and preparation of Board items, MJ's or presentations to senior staff related to ongoing operational issues or procurement contracts necessary for the safe and efficient operation of our airports and improvement of services to our customers.
Must possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
The ideal candidate will present the following qualifications profile:
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in managing aeronautical standards and
- Flight experience in the New York area or FAA experience in air traffic, flight standards and
- Detailed knowledge of FAA Modification of Standards process, FAR Part 77 process, standard
airport flight procedures, declared distance concepts, FAR Part 139, and Airport Design
Advisory Circular 150/5300-13.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and providing direction and guidance to a team of
- Demonstrated ability to develop, coordinate and implement new initiatives to address
challenging aeronautical problems.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills and ability to concurrently manage multiple
projects and meet deadlines.
- Experience in developing and managing the RFP, MJ and PA Board item process or similar
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including interacting with executive management within and
outside the Port Authority.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and write technical documents
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills with demonstrated
experience in making presentations to senior staff.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and administer service contracts.
- Demonstrated proficiency using PC based applications such as Microsoft Word, Powerpoint
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting resume and cover letter.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Port Authority of NY & NJ - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard