Al Jazeera America seeks a Manager, Affiliate Marketing in their Affiliate Relations Team to manage business relationships with distribution partners at the local level and develop and execute local marketing promotions designed to build awareness and viewership of the network. The ideal candidate will bring a mix of strong account management and creative marketing skills to develop and implement effective marketing, public affairs and local ad sales promotional activity that align with network initiatives and help distribution partners meet their business objectives.
The position is based in New York.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- Maintain a deep understanding of account priorities and business goals and build strong partnerships with local marketing, public affairs, and local ad sales contacts.
- Identify marketing, local ad sales and public affairs opportunities that build overall network value and grow viewership of the network and meet distributor business objectives.
- Collaborate with sales leads on initial campaign ideation and pitch deck support; follow through with program results and data metrics to build successful case studies
- Heavy project management with regard to development and implementation of promotional activity, including establishing timelines, ensuring deadlines met, coordinating with 3rd party vendors or agencies, aggregating deliverables, managing project budget.
- Work closely with Director, Distribution Marketing to develop and implement local promotional activity.
- Monitor industry activity and provide key insights on competitive strategies
IMPORTANT SUCCESS FACTORS
- Five to seven years marketing experience, preferably in the media/cable industry
- Proven track record of account and project management
- Prior execution of relevant types of marketing initiatives affiliate and local events, pro-social)
- Has successfully met and exceeded assigned department goals
- Strategic thinker who is also detail-oriented; creative problem solver
- College degree required
- Strong intellect, analytical, rational with good business intuition and judgment
- Creative marketer with ability to think outside-the-box
- Proven team player, who helps create and sustain a positive, supportive culture among departments and other offices
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Thick-skinned with the ability to handle direct questioning or feedback. Straight-shooter who tells it like it is
- Trustworthy, strong work ethic and impeccable reputation
- Tenacious, hard-driving and is willing to get into the trenches, doing what it takes to hit the goals
- Holds him/herself and others accountable for results
Aljazeera - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -