Panasonic Avionics Corporation is a subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation of North America. Panasonic Corporation of North America, based in New Jersey, is the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. marketing, sales and service operations.
Manages satellite operations staff responsible for providing satellite infrastructure and application operations/services to customers (global satellite network operation). Ensure the streamlined operation of the satellite network (including infrastructure and applications) is in alignment with the department and business objectives. Plan, coordinate and operate customer facing satellite network services, infrastructure related activities as well as provide managerial & administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the satellite network operations department. Works closely with stakeholders, including engineering, capacity, 3rd party partners and customers to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of customer facing satellite network applications and services. Definition, development and implementation of policies, procedures and best practices.
• Manages the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all customer satellite operations based systems, including satellite vendor based applications and software and other network/infrastructure related to satellite technologies.
• Manages Satellite Operations planning/projects.
• Organize and negotiate the allocation of resources.
• Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
• Ensure the efficient utilization of satellite operations resources, including personnel and equipment.
• Practice asset management for satellite operations hardware, software and equipment.
• Manage operations staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
• Analyze existing operations and provide recommendations to engineering, capacity and other stakeholders for the improvement and growth of the customer satellite infrastructure and applications.
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for customer applications and system expenditures and initiatives.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent Mission Control/Network operations activities.
• Assist in the development and implementation of functional policies and procedures.
• Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and sustainment of the customer facing satellite infrastructure and associated services.
• Keep current with the latest technologies.
• Manages financial aspects of the ground satellite operations, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
• Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements.
• Strong technical knowledge of satellite networking hardware, software and applications
• Strong technical knowledge of current satellite networking hardware, protocols and standards.
• Experience with satellite system design including:
iDirect modems or equivalent modems including both system operations and air interface
Satellite Link budgets, RF analysis, and coverage areas.
Knowledge and familiarity with the following
Automatic Beam Switching
Wireless technologies (GSM, 3G, 802.11, …)
Antenna theory and design
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Strong understanding of project management principles.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to conduct and direct research on technology-based issues and products.
• Ability to present technical ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Ability to perform financial calculations for creating business cases and budgets.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Previous/demonstrated experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• BS EE or 4 year technical degree is required (i.e. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Network Engineering, Physics, Mathematics) or 4 years related equivalent specialized satellite network experience. MSEE preferred.
• 5 years experience with satellite systems and RF engineering in a leading role
• Any training, qualification or certifications in iDirect plus.
• 3 years’ experience in satellite infrastructure operations.
Panasonic - 20 months ago