Manager, Analytics & Reporting-13005067
The Manager, Analytics & Reporting is responsible for providing senior management with timely and accurate visibility into the progress against targets of Global Business Services (GBS). Specifically, the Manager will run a Program Management Office (PMO) to oversee the GBS portfolio of transformation initiatives, including strategic sourcing and reengineering projects, as well as value creation and other process optimization efforts. Additionally, the Manager will own the Project Portfolio Management platform (BizIQ), including platform roadmap, governance and user support. The role includes pipeline management, portfolio analytics, forecasting, trends assessment and best practice syndication to identify and implement opportunities to optimize Enterprise-wide PMO processes and maximize transformational benefits. The successful candidate will:
* Own the end-to-end tracking & reporting of transformational initiatives, including stakeholder engagement, governance and operating protocols
* Design and generate timely and accurate reports and dynamic dashboards, including initiative status updates, forecasts and variance analysis and risks identification/mitigation
* Support ad hoc analytics and portfolio deep dives
* Act as a point of contact with Project Managers for initiative-level updates, issue identification, escalation and resolution
* Monitor portfolio adequacy, identify trends and perform portfolio analytics developing insights that will inform target setting, long-range planning and scenario-based exercises
* Identify opportunities that enhance cooperation, eliminate redundancies, and further business objectives to enhance the productivity and customer responsiveness of GBS PMO
* Share best practices, technologies and pipeline management methodologies to optimize the Enterprise-wide reengineering tracking and reporting.
* Maintain, promote and optimize the BizIQ Project and Portfolio Management platform, including platform enhancements and user adoption support
The candidate will be expected to help generate insightful, innovative thinking and operate with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Financial acumen with 3-5 years related experience – MBA a plus
- Exceptional project management skills, a process mindset and strong focus on operational excellence
- Must be able to build effective working relationships and influence across diverse stakeholder groups across band levels, geographies and functional areas
- Effective written and verbal communicator
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail with proven ability to process large quantities of information and derive meaningful insights
- A strategic thought leader with demonstrated ability to consult and diagnose issues, identify solutions and implement plans to drive effective resolution
- A self-starter with proven ability to effectively deliver on competing priorities in a fast paced dynamic environment with limited guidance
- Proficiency in Excel is required (pivot tables, formula logic, etc) and Access desirable (authoring Visual Basic/SQL queries, database management, etc)
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
American Express - 21 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...