Service Area: Business Science & Planning
Position : Manager, Business Science
Functional Role : Solution
Reports to : Associate Director, Solution
Experience : 3+ years
Mindshare is a global media and marketing services network with billings in excess of $27.6 billion (source: RECMA). The network consists of 115 offices in 82 countries throughout North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, and Asia Pacific, each dedicated to forging competitive marketing advantage for businesses and their brands. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
Solution is the business science division within MindShare that engages with clients in the area of Business Planning. Solution applies econometrics and other statistical techniques to help clients develop business strategies that better enable them to maximize the value of their investments. Solution follows the global footprint of MindShare with key hubs in NY, London and Singapore.
The Manager, Solution will assist running the analytics group. He or She will have a critical role in ensuring consistent and quality output on all modeling related projects. Will play a key interface for clients and will work closely with the Director Client Services to provide all analytics support and alongside will have a large share in client interaction. The associate director will manage resources within the group for all projects. He or She will be responsible to manage effective communication with other internal resources at MindShare for the concerned projects.
Manage marketing mix modeling projects from start to finish. Set overall timeline, manage data collection, database processing, and analytics work of project team. Build results presentations summarizing analysis results to provide key insights to end client and media planning teams. Load data and modeling results to interactive online platform. Run optimization scenarios to maximize ROI of client budgets. Manage daily client communications and requests. Provide support to Mindshare’s media teams to respond client business questions.
Job Skills & Requirements:
- Provide on-going analytical support utilizing marketing mix modeling and forecasting, to address a wide variety of client issues including media and new products.
- Present to clients and prospective clients on new business opportunities.
- Work on-site with the client, when appropriate.
- Ensure a high level of client satisfaction.
- Manage projects that primarily focus on the impact and/or ROI (return on investment) of media and marketing activities (including advertising, promotional activities and pricing strategies).
- Work in an integrated fashion with client marketing insight and marketing professionals to make recommendations based on analyses and experience.
- 3+ year’s experience in statistical and econometric analysis (Marketing Mix Analysis).
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with advanced analytic techniques, such as factor analysis, predictive modeling, logistic regression, and cluster analysis, segmentation, attitudinal/motivational analysis, concept/copy testing, sales forecasting, response prediction, advertising effectiveness, consumer profiling, market mix and ROI measurement.
- Experience with client management and presenting analytic results to non-technical audiences.
- Proficient in statistical software required for multivariate time series regression (SPSS, etc.) SAS is a must have.
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Data Mining Applications is also a must.
- Working knowledge of media planning and buying a plus.
- Proven track record of dealing directly with clients is required.
- Able to inspire others
- Able to grow team and division
- Competitive drive
- Able to work in a team environment
- Good communications skills
Mindshare - 17 months ago
Mindshare USA, doing business as Mindshare North America, is a leading media planning and buying organization serving clients in the US and...