The Technology Division of LifeWay Christian Resources has an excellent opportunity for a Manager, Application Development. The candidate must view software applications as critical business assets and endeavor to optimize total cost of ownership and value for the business. This position requires a thorough understanding of IT best practices, multiple development methodologies, programming standards, and change management. The candidate must be aware of new and emerging technologies. The ability to work closely with multiple levels of technical and business members of the organization is required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focuses on the information needs of the business with the aim of creating and maintaining competitive advantage.
- Manages the development, implementation, and maintenance of web applications and data integration solutions.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring highly available and highly secure applications.
- Directs development teams in the areas of scheduling, technical design and direction, planning and standard development practices.
- Participates in budgeting and capital equipment processes and quality improvement activities for the development organization.
- Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives clearly defined and met in a timely manner and has an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing systems analysis, design and development activities.
- Assures projects are delivered within defined time and budget constraints and strives to exceed customer expectations;
- Establishes and tracks performance against goals and objectives for development team members; provides timely, salient and constructive written and verbal feedback to staff for purposes of performance improvement.
- Manages application development work and appropriately adapts assignments and deadlines consistent with changing customer priorities.
- Provides regular timely reporting to management of application development activities.
- Manages risk, system technical requirements, design, development, testing, QA, implementation and support of existing applications and enhancements.
- Implements continuous process improvements within the application development organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science and/or engineering, information systems, or other related field.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of a development team within an Agile environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A proven track record of working with cross-functional teams to deliver applications that meet or exceed the value expectations of the business.
- Ability to organize and prioritize projects and tasks, motivate team members, set and adhere to deadlines and comply with internal control requirements.
Minimum of 8 - 10 years of proven leadership in progressive applications development including managing diverse team(s) in process and systems analysis, design and/or programming functions. Experience managing off-site resources and teams desired.
LifeWay Christian Resources - 9 months ago
LifeWay Christian Resources is one of the world's largest providers of Christian products and services, including Bibles, Bible studies,...