The Road to Success Starts Here!
The Automobile Club of Southern California is seeking career-minded individuals for our
Manager, Applications Development
opportunity in Costa Mesa, CA. This is a Senior-level management position responsible for the management of applications development and operations support for multiple Club business areas such as Insurance, Marketing, and Membership. You will manage multiple team leaders who are responsible for leading separate, disparate, matrixed technical development teams. The candidate will also collaborate with company executives & managers, staff, IT colleagues and others of interest to review customer requirements, assess impacts to other data and systems, consider available technologies, compare costs and benefits and recommend solutions. This position requires a high degree of technical and business competence and cross-functional project management expertise.
Successful candidates have the following qualifications:
- For external candidates, 5+ years recent director-level experience managing large application development projects in a structured environment with a staff ranging from 20 to 50 people.
- For internal candidates, 4+ years in-depth experience of a major Club application area, with 2 years at the Team Lead level.
- 5+ years industry IT experience in the development and production support of applications for business areas, similar to those of ACSC, running on integrated mainframe, server and browser-based systems.
- Leadership skills that can energize multi-disciplined work teams to respond to business needs.
- Strong project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale applications development projects from the envisioning stage through to implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors.
- Strong experience implementing controls and deliverables in a historically unstructured environment.
- Proven experience balancing time, cost, and scope on successful application project implementations.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and persuade at executive and manager levels and thrive in a cross-functional, matrixed environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Able to interface with technical staff at a detail level and management at a summary level.
- Excellent human resource management skills, including interviewing, mentoring and staff development, goal setting, and performance evaluation.
California-Costa Mesa (CA)