Conservation Services Group (CSG) is the leading provider of residential energy efficiency programs in North America. CSG has helped Americans make smart energy use decisions an important part of the way they live and work since 1984. The company designs, develops, and delivers innovative, results-driven programs. CSG employees are committed to a mission of delivering these comprehensive programs to help people use energy more wisely. Energy efficiency and renewable energy are our sole business, not one of a hundred departments in a large corporation. CSG provides proven expertise to utilities, state agencies, trade allies and homeowners, tenants, and property owners seeking to improve home durability, safety, air quality and comfort while saving money. We bring creativity and commitment to our goals of championing the development and use of safe, clean energy.
People who work at CSG say that it's a unique kind of organization — one that nurtures individual talents and inspires dedication. We share a commitment to our work and our mission. CSG has a collegial atmosphere, where people respect and encourage each other to help the environment and change the way our country uses energy. How about you; do you see yourself as a part of our team?
Working under the direction of the Director of Regional IS, and in close conjunction with regional program management, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Manage a diverse team of IT professionals including Data Analysts, Software Engineers, and Applications Support staff.
- Plan and manage project work and service requests. Identify application development tasks and assign resources to those tasks. Monitor progress, assess issues and risks, and communicate status to IT leadership and business stakeholders. Meet with stakeholders regularly to provide progress updates and re-prioritize as needed.
- Identify and facilitate training and development opportunities for staff to enhance knowledge and expertise, keeping up with the rapidly changing technology used within the company and the overall industry. Prepares and conducts performance reviews and assists in career development plans for staff.
- Responsible for recruitment, performance management, and providing mentoring and coaching for all members of the team.
- Serve as primary liaison for communication between the Application Support Team and internal program management teams, regional IS management team, and the central IS team.
- Enforce and communicate company, department, and team policies and procedures including formalized project management methods and tools along with adhering to the company’s Agile development process.
- Lead ongoing project planning and estimating for future approved projects and service requests. Based on the estimated work effort, anticipate the resource demands and determine target dates given the resource capacity and availability.
- Assist in the feasibility analysis, initial scoping, and recommendation process for future projects to be approved through IT leadership, steering committees, and standard demand management processes with the business stakeholders.
- Lead the definition, adoption and evolution of solution delivery methodologies and best practices.
- Lead or participate in cross functional teams to identify and deliver process improvement initiatives, measure results and refine processes to achieve business objectives.
- Work closely with regions and other central services to address business obstacles internally and externally.
- Provide periodic metric reports to management on key objectives.
- Escalate issues when necessary to ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements.
- Support project initiatives, including: Budget considerations, time and resource estimates, defining the project scope and objectives, risk assessments, etc.
- Establish and foster positive working relationships with internal program staff, clients, and other business partners.
- Provide IT presence in client meetings as needed.
- Assess and improve the technical skills of the team, focusing on excellence in reporting and data analysis.
- Assist the Director of Regional IS with responses to RFPs and RFIs as needed, focusing on excellence in Statement of Work definition and estimation.
- Bachelors Degree in business, software engineering, computer science or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of management experience in an IT department.
- Experience working on mission critical software projects; being the liaison between the business and IS gathering business requirements, or manager of team responsible for gathering business requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing processes and procedures necessary to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and retention.
- Ability to resolve issues and exhibit strong initiative in a demanding environment.
- Experience in planning, prioritizing, and managing multiple projects and project teams.
- Strong background in reporting and data analysis.
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional and cross-organizational (vendors, clients, partners) teams.
- Ability to obtain and assess project requirements, providing feedback and guidance to clarify and adjust end results as needed.
- Excellent customer service acumen.
- Sharp attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Superior working skills in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, Access, Visio, and MS Project.
- Ability to initiate, coordinate and prioritize responsibilities and follow through on tasks and projects in a self-directed manner.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in an environment of frequent and often short deadlines.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- IT experience in energy efficiency program implementation.
- Experience in statistical analysis and the ability to use statistics to drive policy decisions.
- Good technical documentation skills.
- Trained on key deployed technologies at CSG (PL-SQL, T-SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, Web Services, Portals).
- Experience in training and/or public speaking.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
CSG’s compensation package includes comprehensive medical coverage with BlueCross BlueShield Blue Care Elect PPO, dental coverage with Delta Dental PPO, and vision coverage with EyeMed Vision Care; Employer paid life and AD&D insurance and STD & LTD insurance coverage; Plus paid holidays, PTO, and employer matching 401(k) retirement plan.
Please apply online at: http://jobs-csg.icims.com
CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Key Words: green jobs, energy efficiency, utility, conservation, BPI, LEED, weatherization, HVAC, clean energy, energy conservation, csg jobs, energy consulting, energy efficient, green energy, renewable energy