Assists the Director by managing the daily activities of the department and overseeing all audits. This includes assigning, reviewing and evaluating work and audit reports; training, mentoring and coaching assigned staff and monitoring implementation of action plans.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of the position are as follows:
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Plans, organizes, assigns, reviews, directs and evaluates the work and performance of assigned staff to facilitate the attainment of the units work goals and to ensure consistent application of unit policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Manages both Operational and Information Technology (IT) audit projects.
- Assists with the development of the annual audit plan.
- Monitors the audit results and the implementation of action plans.
- Works with the Director to develop and implement appropriate policies, procedures, audit approaches, tools and controls.
- Assists the Manager, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) in facilitating implementation of the ERM program.
- Coaches and mentors audit team members.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with auditees and auditors.
- Ensures audits address JEA corporate strategies.
- Stays abreast of internal audit industry innovations and changes and works with the Director to implement as appropriate.
- Maintains and promotes workflow and operational efficiency.
- Ensures effective coordination within Audit Services and the Compliance Department.
- Provides leadership in meeting JEAs safety goals.
Demonstrated knowledge and application of Institute of Internal Auditor (IIA) Standard Practices, and audit/compliance/internal control processes, best practices, and methodologies.
Demonstrated knowledge and application of ISACA standards, GTAGs and other IT audit guidance from the IIA, and COBIT.
Basic understanding of the electric, water, and wastewater businesses and supporting processes
Demonstrated experience in consulting skills and working proactively with auditees.
Demonstrated knowledge of the COSO framework and COSO ERM.
Demonstrated experience in risk/control assessment.
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to be utilized in clear, concise report writing and oral presentations.
Experience with or knowledge of Continuous Auditing/Monitoring, Control Self-Assessments, and/or Self-Testing programs.
Demonstrated ability to understand and resolve auditee and internal auditor staff issues, and to accurately, fairly, and effectively evaluate and document internal auditor performance.
Demonstrated understanding and utilization of financial data, corporate scorecard information, and key performance indicators to support process performance.
Strong expertise in risk management, fraud/theft identification and investigation, and the achievement of issue resolution, while balancing the needs of the auditee and JEA.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Technology, or related field.
Seven (7) years of internal audit experience, which must include at least three (3) years in an internal audit management role supervising a staff of at least three (3) auditors.
A valid driver's license is required prior to appointment and must be maintained during employment. CPA, CIA and/or CISA preferred.
JEA is an equal opportunity and equal access employer that provides a safe, drug-free environment for its workers. Under F.S. 295, preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans and eligible spouses. Veterans' preference in perpetuity: A person eligible for veterans' preference in appointment (defined by s. 295.07, FS) does not forfeit employment preference eligibility once that veteran or eligible spouse of the veteran has been employed by a state agency or any political subdivision of this state. Effective July 1, 2007, Florida law restores veterans' preference in employment for all categories of protected individuals previously employed by a state agency or any political subdivision of this state.
How To Apply
To be considered for this job opportunity, you must apply online at
. You must provide all required documents (e.g. High school diploma, GED equivalent, college transcripts, training documents, copies of professional licenses, DD214, etc) by attaching the documents to your electronic application by
11:59 p.m., Friday, February 15, 2013.
You can also fax your documents to 904-665-6192. Be sure to include a
with your name, date, and the position that you are applying for. If you do not submit required documentation prior to the close date for each position that you are applying for, you will not be considered.
As long as sparks are flying in Jacksonville, everything is A-OK with JEA. The community-owned, not-for-profit utility provides electricity...